This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Lynn, MA
Job ID: 160649-1A
Date Posted: Nov 24, 2020
Category: Clinical Technician
Welcome to BayRidge Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. BayRidge Hospital provides psychiatric services to the residents of the North Shore and greater Lynn communities. BayRidge Hospital provides accessible, high-quality substance abuse and mental health treatment. The 62-bed psychiatric hospital in Lynn offers a continuum of psychiatric and chemical dependency services on an inpatient, partial hospitalization, and outpatient basis.
BayRidge Hospital, A member of Beth Israel Lahey Health, promotes the culture and philosophy which enables employees to give and receive the best of care. You can become a part of the team that achieves this success through our CREATE values of Compassion, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Teamwork, and Empathy.
About the Job
Assumes responsibility for providing skilled, high quality care to patients under the direction and supervision of the Medical Director. Performs a variety of direct and indirect patient care duties and responsibilities in collaboration with other nursing staff. Is expected to work effectively and collaboratively with the multidisciplinary treatment team to enhance the smooth delivery of quality patient care. Primary responsibilities include all aspects of phlebotomy and performing EKGs.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
1. Supports the hospital in such a manner that there is a strong and positive commitment to quality patient care.
2. Primary responsibilities include all aspects of specimen collection - registration, order entry, processing, packaging, preparation and transport of specimens in addition to performing EKGs on a routine and urgent basis.
3. Maintains solid understanding of, assumes responsibility for compliance, and practices within all State, Federal, Hospital, and Laboratory policies, procedures, and protocols.
4. Requires strict adherence to quality control guidelines to ensure the integrity of laboratory specimens and accuracy of results.
5. Assumes responsibility for ordering and inventory control of phlebotomy and EKG supplies.
6. Attends clinical meetings that will have impact on patient care and participates in any ongoing quality improvement studies that will have positive patient care outcomes.
7. Records and reports all observed symptoms, reactions, treatments and changes in the patient’s safety status to the Registered Nurse.
8. Maintains yearly/biyearly requirements of CPR, Risk Management, Restraint Elimination, and other trainings as assigned
20 hours per week, day shift.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Exhibits ability to be competent in the following areas –
1. One-to-one interactions with patients
2. Knowledge of drug and alcohol withdrawal
3. Knowledge of mental illness and treatment modalities on acute inpatient Unit
4. De-escalation/Crisis Prevention/Trauma-Informed Care Concepts/Restraint Management
5. Documentation in the electronic health record (EHR)
Demonstrates a positive demeanor that allows for respectful and courteous interaction with all external and internal customers. Works cooperatively and effectively with others with ability to adapt to changes in the workplace as part of maintaining currency in profession.
Must be fluent in English (verbal and written).