Location: Woburn, MA
Job ID: 160085-1A
Date Posted: Oct 20, 2020
Category: Clinical Professional
Welcome to Winchester Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Winchester Hospital was the first hospital in Massachusetts to earn Magnet recognition, the American Nurses Association’s highest honor for nursing excellence, three times. It has since received the recognition a fourth time. As the northwest suburban Boston area’s leading provider of comprehensive health care services, the 229-bed facility provides care in general, bariatric and vascular surgery, orthopedics, pediatrics, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, oncology, gastroenterology, rehabilitation, radiation oncology, pain management, obstetrics/gynecology and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery.
About the Job
JOB SUMMARY: Contributes to the Hospital’s mission by teaching high quality CPR and First Aid training to our community members and employees. This staff position will have an impact on quality and safety because community members and employees will be able to perform life saving techniques.
Required: High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Preferred: Associates Degree
Preferred: At least one (1) year health education teaching experience.
· Maintains excellent teaching skills and enthusiasm for the subject matter as identified in evaluations. Maintains a current level of expertise in related specialty area.
· For safety and quality reasons, must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors and fellow members of the hospital team.
Required: American Heart Association Certified BLS Instructor
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: Basic Life Support – Health Care Provider
POPULATION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: N/A
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Professional Commitment Requirements: Keep abreast of developments in the field and/or licensure through continuing education, participation in professional organizations or a combination of both.
Schedule requirements: Must be willing to work a flexible schedule.
Travel requirements: Ability to travel to various locations in the community.
· Reports to the Health Education Coordinator.
· Not responsible for supervising the work of others.
As part of the Community Health Institute (CHI) team, this position:
· Teaches First Aid and CPR according to the American Heart Association’s guidelines.
· Recognizes class participant’s learning needs and incorporates into training.
· Maintains equipment and supplies and reports anything that needs repair or replacing.
· Completes and signs all paperwork required with each course.
· Teaches a minimum of six (6) classes annually for CHI.
· Sets up equipment for classes by retrieving and delivering equipment and materials to the location of the class.
· Breaks down and returns equipment and materials in a timely manner.
Per diem, as needed.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.