This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Lynn, MA
Job ID: 160414-1A
Date Posted: Mar 12, 2020
Welcome to BayRidge Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. BayRidge Hospital provides psychiatric services to the residents of the North Shore and greater Lynn communities. BayRidge Hospital provides accessible, high-quality substance abuse and mental health treatment. The 62-bed psychiatric hospital in Lynn offers a continuum of psychiatric and chemical dependency services on an inpatient, partial hospitalization, and outpatient basis.
BayRidge Hospital, A member of Beth Israel Lahey Health, promotes the culture and philosophy which enables employees to give and receive the best of care. You can become a part of the team that achieves this success through our CREATE values of Compassion, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Teamwork, and Empathy.
About the Job
Assumes responsibility for managing and supervising the flow of patient admissions into Inpatient Services. Provides high quality nursing care to patients by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care at the time of admission. Collaborates with nursing staff and other managers to ensure that a safe and therapeutic environment is maintained for all patients, while supporting the hospital in such a manner that there is a strong and positive commitment to quality patient care.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
1. Assess all patients at time of admission by thoroughly evaluating and documenting any observed symptoms, behaviors and/or unusual responses to medication.
2. Utilize supervision to educate staff and enhance professional improvement and development.
3. Attend administrative/clinical meetings that support the Nursing Division.
4. Responsible with understanding and communicating hospital policies, procedures and goals to personnel.
5. Participate in and/or develop quality improvement studies that will have positive patient care outcomes.
6. Maintain solid understanding of and follow regulatory agencies’ expectations and guidelines (i.e. DMH, DPH, JCAHO, payors, etc.).
7. Communicate issues to the Administrator On-Call that may be disruptive to the admission process as well as impact negatively on the quality of patient care, or the safety of those in the building.
8. Assess the patient for safety issues and assist with promoting a safe and therapeutic environment.
9. Respond to patient care needs and issues by communicating appropriate and accurate clinical information with receiving unit. Collaborate with and direct other nursing staff to assist with any patient nursing needs.
10. Follow staffing guidelines, admission routines, and safety code processes as established by the hospital, with particular attention to patient safety measures.
11. Administer medications safely to all patients, specifically at time of admission or during crisis situations.
12. Collaborate with EPS staff to ensure timely admissions for all patients referred to the hospital.
13. Consistently promote professional working relationships between the hospital, referral sources and payors.
14. Skillfully address problem-prone issues/situations and assist staff with effective problem-solving.
15. Oversee house acuity and assist with transfer or discharge of patients, as needed.
16. Work collaboratively with in-house MD to address any serious clinical issues.
17. Consistently promote professional working relationships between the various hospital departments.
18. Maintain yearly/biyearly requirements of CPR, Risk Management and Aggression Management.
19. Remain flexible in work assignments and schedule.
20. Perform other duties as assigned.
32 hours per week, evenings.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Bachelors in nursing preferred or equivalent experience. Current professional license registration in Massachusetts (RN License). Theoretical as well as practical knowledge of the clinical area, with a willingness to learn as well as teach.
Exhibits ability to be competent in the following areas:
1. Assessing and instituting a plan of care at time of admission
2. Psychotropic medication administration and monitoring
3. Drug and alcohol withdrawal
4. Ability to manage and direct staff during times of emergency
5. De-escalation/Restraint Management
Demonstrates leadership qualities with adaptive abilities and strong interpersonal relations skills. Ability to use sound administrative practices with excellent communication and documentation skills.
Must be fluent in English (verbal and written)