Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 160149-1A
Date Posted: May 11, 2021
Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Director Plant Ops Lahey Hlth manages the operation, maintenance and repairs of power plant boilers, chillers, pumps, auxiliary equipment, water filter system, hot water generators, fire pump, emergency electric generators and acid neutralization system. Schedules for power plant coverage as required by state law. Manages assigned staff.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Manages Watch Engineers in maintaining equipment in optimum running condition.
2) Maintains adequate shift coverage in an equitable manner.
3) Manages outside contractors in the maintenance of power plant equipment.
4) Oversees keeping of accurate records of daily logs and readings, calculating end-of-month totals.
5) Develops and manages the preventive maintenance program assigned to power plant personnel ensuring task completion on a timely basis and submission of work orders on a weekly basis.
6) Manages the ordering of fuel and operational supplies ensuring an adequate inventory.
7) Manages maintenance of chemical feed system within defined operating parameters, Ensures daily record of test result are recorded.
8) Manages assigned staff:
• Interviews and makes effective recommendation for selection of applicants for employment.
• Assigns job performance ratings.
• Makes decisions about colleagues for transfer, promotion, and special training to ensure most effective utilization of individual skills and staff development.
• makes decisions regarding pay increases, promotions, transfers and other human resource actions.
• Trains or manages training of new staff in department policies and procedures.
• Oversees orientation of colleagues that are new to area or new to the performance of specific tasks.
• establishes or manages the establishment work schedules and the assignment of staff to specified areas of the department.
• Counsels, and provides input to and effectively recommends disciplines and recommends discharge as necessary.
• Makes the decision to retrain colleagues as necessary.
9) Manages work performance of the staff to ensure adherence to established standards.
10) Plan and organizes work priorities so that work is completed in a timely and effective manner.
11) Makes recommendations for the repair or upgrade of power plant to improve or maintain systems performance.
12) Initiates and coordinates work performed by outside vendors in the repair, maintenance and/or upgrade of equipment/systems.
13) Ensures appropriate documentation/certificates are maintained to meet compliance with local, state and federal authorities and JCAHO.
Maintains strict adherence to the Lahey Health Confidentiality Policy.
Incorporates Lahey Health Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
Complies with all Lahey Health Policies. Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Health.
Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED). Vocational/Trade School courses desirable.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Thorough knowledge of mechanical and electro-mechanical equipment and controls. Strong interpersonal and analytical skills, spacial and conceptual planning. Thorough knowledge of heating, ventilating, air conditioning.
Experience: 10 years experience in 2nd class power plant of equal or larger size preferably in a healthcare institution.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.