Location: Winchester, MA
Job ID: 160158-1A
Date Posted: Feb 4, 2020
Welcome to Winchester Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Winchester Hospital was the first hospital in Massachusetts to earn Magnet recognition, the American Nurses Association’s highest honor for nursing excellence, three times. It has since received the recognition a fourth time. As the northwest suburban Boston area’s leading provider of comprehensive health care services, the 229-bed facility provides care in general, bariatric and vascular surgery, orthopedics, pediatrics, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, oncology, gastroenterology, rehabilitation, radiation oncology, pain management, obstetrics/gynecology and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery.
About the Job
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred: At least one year experience in similar position in a patient care setting.
· For safety and quality reasons, must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors and fellow members of the hospital team.
· Excellent customer service and communication skills.
· Keyboard skills
As part of the Winchester Hospital team, this position:
· Greets patients and others timely and in a manner that is respectful and empathetic.
· Answers common, non-clinical/complex questions and escalates questions as appropriate. Provides general information regarding the Hospital.
· Directs individuals to their desired location, which may involve looking up information such as patient appointments and reviewing the computer system to assess the appropriate location. Provides verbal as well as written directions throughout the facility(ies).
· Confirms patients scheduled appointments as needed.
· Disseminates information to waiting patients and family members/friends as directed by clinical staff and/or as allowed by department procedures.
· Makes rounds throughout the waiting area, providing non-clinical comfort measures to patients and their family members, such as blankets, beverages, ice, etc.
o Seeks direction from clinical staff when appropriate.
o Answers patient, family members and other visitors’ questions about wait times and delays and the reason for delays without jeopardizing confidentiality.
o Is empathetic to patients and the families, being sensitive to their emotional, cultural and spiritual needs.
o When appropriate takes service recovery measures to both patients and their family members. Informs the nurse/providers of potential service recovery issues.
· Provides non-clinical assistance to the staff to improve patient satisfaction, increase patient flow and improve the overall operations of the department.
Per Diem, as needed by department.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.