Location: Winchester, MA
Job ID: 160054-1A
Date Posted: Jun 16, 2020
Category: Service and Trades
Welcome to Winchester Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Winchester Hospital was the first hospital in Massachusetts to earn Magnet recognition, the American Nurses Association’s highest honor for nursing excellence, three times. It has since received the recognition a fourth time. As the northwest suburban Boston area’s leading provider of comprehensive health care services, the 229-bed facility provides care in general, bariatric and vascular surgery, orthopedics, pediatrics, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, oncology, gastroenterology, rehabilitation, radiation oncology, pain management, obstetrics/gynecology and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery.
About the Job
GENERAL SUMMARY: In a courteous and professional manner, monitors and directs all parking and traffic activities in the parking garage and parking lots in compliance with Hospital parking and safety policies. Directs patients, visitors, and employees, and answers questions to help ensure safety and positive experience.
1. Exemplifies Winchester Hospital’s values and Service Excellence standards. Commits to making every encounter with our patients, patients’ family, co-workers, physicians and other customers the best that it can be.
2. Complies with all Winchester Hospital policies and the Code of Conduct. Takes responsibility for own safety as well as the safety of patients, patients’ family, co-workers, physicians and other customers.
3. Directs traffic to maximize efficiency of traffic flow patterns and space usage. Adjusts traffic flow at the direction of the Lead Security Officer and/or the Security Supervisor.
4. Monitors employee compliance with parking requirements. Issues tickets when parkers are not compliant, and communicates with leaders regarding the same.
5. Issues parking stickers in conjunction with Human Resources.
6. Pages Security immediately if issues arise that are beyond the Traffic Associate’s/Officers scope of duty and training. Completes the assigned documentation (Security Report) when required.
7. Responds to questions and requests from staff and/or customers in a positive and supportive manner.
8. Communicates regularly with the Lead Security Officer and/or the Security Supervisor to ensure any operational issues are addressed and corrected in a timely manner.
9. Arrives for work at scheduled time, returns promptly from all breaks, and works until properly relieved by security staff.
10. Must wear the hospital issued I.D. badge while on duty. May be required to wear protective gear specific for this role.
11. Properly handle and maintain all departmental/hospital equipment.
12. Maintain a neat and professional appearance. This position is often the first Winchester Hospital employee a patient/visitor will encounter.
11. Performs other duties as appropriate.
12. Participates in the following:
a. Mandatory training requirements as per hospital/unit policies
b. Continuing education/inservices to enhance knowledge
c. Staff meetings
d. Performance improvement initiatives
e. Orientation/Training of new staff, students, and/or volunteers
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. High School diploma or equivalent required.
2. Some security, traffic directing, or parking lot attending experience preferred.
3. Strong customer service skill essential.
LICENSE, CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: None
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION: None Required
AGE SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: Children, Adolescent, Adult, Geriatric
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND VISUAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Ability to communicate orally.
2. Able to stand entire shift outdoors.
1. Job does not involve possible exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues.
2. Construction dust may be present in work environment.
3. Car exhaust fumes will be present in work environment.
4. Work environment may involve loud noises.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP AND SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY:
1. Reports to the Security, Transportation and Parking Supervisor.
2. Not responsible for supervising the work of others.
Part time, day, 20 hours.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.