Location: Danvers, MA
Job ID: 160023-1A
Date Posted: Jan 24, 2020
Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services. Our team delivers quality care to clients and families in more than 30 communities throughout the North Shore, Merrimack Valley and Greater Boston. Our mission is to provide personal, compassionate, state-of-the-art, integrated behavioral healthcare that makes a difference in the lives of the people and communities we serve. Our services include mental health counseling, addiction treatment, and family and school-based services.
About the Job
Under general supervision of Principal Investigator, responsible for assisting with research on smartphone apps and analysis of digital mental health policy and regulation. Able to create and support ongoing data collection efforts around app evaluation. Works closely with other clinical research staff. Helps coordinate and organize diverse datasets and supports ongoing clinical studies involving adults with mental illnesses and/or dementia. Some interactions with clinical patients related to learning about their use and experience with the smartphone apps.
Responsibilities for Reseach Assistant:
1) Independently or in conjunction with other clinical research staff works with clinical studies team to collect, organize, and help advance research studies.
2) Learns protocol and monitors strict adherence to protocols by physicians, nurses and research subjects. Reviews protocol requirements with physicians, nurses and fellows. Identifies any problems with protocol compliance and notifies principal investigator and/or research nurse. Begins to learn how to independently resolve problems with protocol.
3) Assists in evaluating and suggesting improvements in the team's smartphone app.
4) Working with lab members to help monitor, record, evaluate, and interpret digital health app and policy data.
5) Reading the current literature on the intersection of smartphone apps, policy, and regulation.
6) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the project.
Full time, 40 hours per week
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.