Location: Lawrence, MA
Job ID: 159999-1A
Date Posted: Jan 22, 2020
Category: Clinical Professional
Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services. Our team delivers quality care to clients and families in more than 30 communities throughout the North Shore, Merrimack Valley and Greater Boston. Our mission is to provide personal, compassionate, state-of-the-art, integrated behavioral healthcare that makes a difference in the lives of the people and communities we serve. Our services include mental health counseling, addiction treatment, and family and school-based services.
About the Job
Sign on bonus up to $3000 (pro-rated for part time)
Responsible for the smooth function of the unit by serving as the person in charge of triaging calls and prioritizing the use of clinicians and other resources. Serves as liaison with related systems and provides supportive and informational communication with persons served.
1. Provides procedural direction and support to crisis clinicians by phone and/or face as needed.
2. Responsible for the procedural functioning of the shift.
3. Answers phones, provides initial phone assessment.
4. Maintains awareness of/monitors activity of active and pending cases.
5. Utilizes staffing patterns during shift to maximize response to consumer need.
6. Provides assistance to clinicians with bed searches, insurance verifications/authorizations, resource and system knowledge sharing.
7. Serves as primary liaison between the organization and other providers such as hospital emergency rooms to ensure quality of care.
8. Acts as a conduit for the flow of information regarding programmatic updates and clinical procedural alerts.
9. Accesses administrator on call when needed.
10. Collects and records data and statistics for various reporting needs of the program, including triage log on computer.
11. Provides feedback to Program Director regarding issues effecting shift performance.
12. Provides direct care when needed and when possible, which in rare instances could involve leaving the program to see a case due to high volume, low staffing and/or for complex cases where the expertise of a senior clinician is warranted.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.