Location: Lawrence, MA
Job ID: 159804-1A
Date Posted: Feb 19, 2020
Category: Clinical Support
Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services. Our team delivers quality care to clients and families in more than 30 communities throughout the North Shore, Merrimack Valley and Greater Boston. Our mission is to provide personal, compassionate, state-of-the-art, integrated behavioral healthcare that makes a difference in the lives of the people and communities we serve. Our services include mental health counseling, addiction treatment, and family and school-based services.
About the Job
A Therapeutic Mentor offers a structured, one?to?one, strength?based support service with a youth for the purpose of addressing daily living, social, and communication needs. The objective of these services are to support and extend therapeutic gains made during treatment; and monitor and, if necessary, re?intervene to provide additional services to prevent or address additional problems.
Therapeutic Mentor Responsibilities:
1. Provides therapeutic mentoring to youth and families in the community.
2. Supports, coaches, and trains youth in age-appropriate behaviors. In addition, supports and coaches interpersonal communication, problem-solving and conflict resolution.
3. Assists the youth with relating appropriately to other children and adolescents, as well as adults, in recreational and social activities pursuant to a behavioral health treatment plan developed by an outpatient, In-Home Therapy provider or Individual Care Plan (ICP) for youth with ICC in concert with the family and youth whenever possible.
4. Collaborates, as appropriate, with other providers and natural supports of families served.
5. Completes timely and accurate documentation to reflect services provided.
6. Staff person can only bill for services rendered and those that are billable according to the specifications.
7. Carries a caseload as assigned and meets the required minimum caseload of four clients.
8. Communicates with Managed Care Entities to ensure authorization for services provided.
9. Meets standards as established by Performance Specifications Therapeutic Mentoring.
10. Participates in weekly supervision with a licensed clinician.
11. Builds and adjusts schedule as necessary to meet the needs of persons served. Afternoon/evening hours are required. Staff must be willing to schedule and hold appointments on weekends based upon the needs of the families served.
12. Attends organization required trainings.
13. Upholds values and mission of Children's Behavioral Health Initiative.
14. Other related duties as assigned.
Part Time, 20 Hours Per Week
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.