Location: Tewksbury, MA
Job ID: 159734-1A
Date Posted: Jun 12, 2020
Category: Service and Trades
Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services. Our team delivers quality care to clients and families in more than 30 communities throughout the North Shore, Merrimack Valley and Greater Boston. Our mission is to provide personal, compassionate, state-of-the-art, integrated behavioral healthcare that makes a difference in the lives of the people and communities we serve. Our services include mental health counseling, addiction treatment, and family and school-based services.
About the Job
The Cook is responsible for preparing and cooking a wide variety of food for clients, employees and visitors. He/she prepares food according to recipes and plans cooking schedules to meet mealtime schedules.
1. Plans and/or follows a weekly menu consisting of well-balanced nutritious meals that meet USDA requirements ensuring proper taste and temperature.
2. Prepares appetizing, healthy, well-balanced meals and snacks; meeting all meal schedules.
3. Transports food from Transitions to TTC ensuring quality and
4. Inspects all food for quality and quantity prior to serving.
5. Prepares meals for special events and Holidays.
6. Takes necessary measures to avoid food waste.
7. Responsible for set up and clean-up of food production; adheres to kitchen cleanliness and sanitary guidelines as directed by the local board of health.
8. Responsible for opening and closing kitchen and ensuring the food is properly stored.
9. In collaboration with the Program Director, orders and maintains supplies.
10. Develops and maintains effective working relationships with food suppliers.
11. Meets with direct supervisor for regular supervision meetings and comes prepared to meeting.
High School diploma or GED with a minimum of three years relevant work experience. Must have documented evidence of training in such related areas as nutrition/menu planning in an institutional setting. Provision of any health documentation that might be required by regulatory agencies (Serve Safe certification, Allergy Awareness certification etc.).
Must demonstrate ability to relate to a substance abuse treatment population in a sensitive manner, an interest and willingness to work in a multicultural setting and must share a
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Full Time 40 hours - Days
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.