About the Job
Position Summary: Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, performs basic patient care duties including cleaning and preparation for the department. Also assists physicians and RNs with Endoscopic procedures in the Endoscopy suites.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Cares for patients as delegated by the registered nurse and completes all aspects of care for the assigned patients (refer to Delegation Competency for Unlicensed Assistive Personnel).
- Properly reprocesses endoscopes according to infection control and Lahey Clinic guidelines.
- Assures endoscope equipment is in working order
- Keeps accurate documentation for cleaning/testing of equipment and supplies
- Cleans Endoscopy procedure rooms after use and prepares for next procedure in a timely fashion
- Directly assists physician and RN during Endoscopy procedures. Procedures include but are not limited to EGD, Colonoscopy, Polypectomy, Biopsies, PEG placement, ERCP, and EUS.
- Operates/handles equipment properly during Endoscopic procedures.
- Handles specimens according to policy.
- Stocks Pyxis Patient Station as needed and directed.
- Informs Lead Endoscopy Technician or management team of any equipment problems.
- Prepares travel cart for procedures in MICU/SICU areas.
- Performs basic nursing assistant duties included but not limited to vital signs, applies bedside cardiac monitoring and discontinues telemetry leads upon direction by RN.
- Reports all unusual observations or reactions of the patient to the nurse assigned to the patient or charge nurse.
- Supports a culture of safety and carries out safety interventions for all patients. Under the direction of the RN, performs basic and high risk interventions as outlined in the Falls Risk Policy.
- Adheres to all applicable infection control policies and procedures including hand hygiene, isolation protocol, and cleaning of patient care devices and equipment.
- Assists in transporting patients.
- Orders supplies from Pharmacy in response to emergency requests.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None Required
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Experience: None require
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.