Location: Woburn, MA
Job ID: 158627-1A
Date Posted: Feb 4, 2020
Welcome to Winchester Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Winchester Hospital was the first hospital in Massachusetts to earn Magnet recognition, the American Nurses Association’s highest honor for nursing excellence, three times. It has since received the recognition a fourth time. As the northwest suburban Boston area’s leading provider of comprehensive health care services, the 229-bed facility provides care in general, bariatric and vascular surgery, orthopedics, pediatrics, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, oncology, gastroenterology, rehabilitation, radiation oncology, pain management, obstetrics/gynecology and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery.
About the Job
POSITION OVERVIEW: Works with patients that have active or potential concerns regarding breast health/disease. Delivers patient care through the process of assessment, planned and implemented education, and evaluation. Supervises nursing personnel and clinical associates. Works with the Medical Advisory Board to ensure that appropriate clinical protocols are created, discussed and implemented. Enforces approved guidelines and protocols. Practices in accordance with Winchester Hospital’s policies and procedures and the scope of practice for Registered Nurses in Massachusetts.
1. BSN or MSN from a state approved and/or accredited RN program required. Massachusetts Registered Nurse License required.
2. At least 3 years clinical experience required. Clinical experience relevant to the BCC’s patient population preferred. In addition, certificate as a "Nurse Navigator" preferred.
3. Supervisory experience in an adult breast cancer population as well as strong communication skills with Surgeons/Oncologists preferred.
4. Active membership in professional and leadership organization(s) preferred. Certification as a CBCN (Certified Breast Care Nurse) with the Oncology Nursing Society would be a plus.
5. Knowledge of safety, infection control and quality control standards required.
Full Time, 40 hours.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.