Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 158680-1A
Date Posted: Jan 14, 2020
Category: Service and Trades
Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Empties and relines waste receptacles, paying particular attention to the safe and proper handling of hazardous waste
- Makes beds when unoccupied as well as checking to be sure beds are functioning properly and if not, notifying maintenance when repairs are needed
- Dry mop, wet mop and disinfect floors
- Damp wipe and spot clean surfaces with disinfectant
- Clean and disinfect bathroom commodes and other fixtures
- Cleans rooms of discharged patients
- Use pager and telephone in accordance with the Beds Tracking to receive and record successful
completion of cleaning assignments
- Clean, disinfect and re-make beds
- Other duties as directed
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- The ability to follow instructions and take verbal direction in English, read messages on a pager, and communicate with staff on phone and/or in person is required.
- You must be able to use cleaning supplies and equipment and our staff will thoroughly train candidates to meet sanitation standards.
- Since you will be on your feet and bending for the entire shift, it's important that you are able to do so.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.