Location: Boston, MA
Job ID: 158430-1A
Date Posted: Dec 6, 2019
Category: Clinical Professional
Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services. Our team delivers quality care to clients and families in more than 30 communities throughout the North Shore, Merrimack Valley and Greater Boston. Our mission is to provide personal, compassionate, state-of-the-art, integrated behavioral healthcare that makes a difference in the lives of the people and communities we serve. Our services include mental health counseling, addiction treatment, and family and school-based services.
About the Job
The Boston Treatment Center is a medically monitored detoxification program providing 24 hour nursing care to monitor an individual’s withdrawal from alcohol and/or other drugs and alleviates symptoms. Patients are provided with individual case management and group treatment services focused on assisting the person with accessing step-down levels of care. All patients are treated with dignity and respect.
The Program Director, under the direction and in collaboration with the VP of Addiction Treatment Services, is responsible for the staffing structure, program design and implementation, fiscal, and facility management of the bed based detoxification program. He/she manages total resources to assure that the service meets established licensing and quality standards, as well as customer service objectives.
The Program Director's Responsibilies are:
1. Oversees the major administrative functions of the treatment facility including: administration of clinical and medical documentation and record keeping systems; development of operating policies and procedures; managing client flow and service utilization through defining client intake, treatment paths, and continuing care protocols; facility management including housekeeping and maintenance functions, as well as food service.
2. Assures that the agency's standards of care are met through: ongoing consultation with the Medical Director; application of Quality Assurance and Customer Service Programs, implementation of Utilization Review mechanisms.
3. Assures sound fiscal management of the programs in the facility through developing and monitoring all aspects of the Treatment Center budget, assuring maximum bed/service utilization and fee collection.
4. Works in collaboration with Finance to monitor conformance to policies and procedures relative to fee structure, fee collection, and prior approval for managed care and other insurance carriers. Assures seamless communication between direct medical and clinical functions and agency billing department.
5. Oversees the development and maintenance of a record keeping system which conforms to all applicable monitoring and licensing entities including the establishment of protocols for accessing client records, design, timeliness and thoroughness of documentation, and storage and release of records in conformance with confidentiality regulations. Responsible for assuring that relevant facilities meet applicable health and safety standards.
6. Provides overall management of all Treatment Center staff (See Supervisory Responsibilities below.)
7. Develops marketing strategy and oversees its implementation. Represents the Treatment Center services within the agency’s service continuum, in the community and to external customers.
Manages all program managers and coordinators of medical, clinical, and support services. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Responsible for managing the program budget of approximately $5 Million annually. In addition, works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures.
Full itme, 40 hours per week