Location: Salem, MA
Job ID: 158648-1A
Date Posted: Nov 6, 2019
Category: Clinical Professional
Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services. Our team delivers quality care to clients and families in more than 30 communities throughout the North Shore, Merrimack Valley and Greater Boston. Our mission is to provide personal, compassionate, state-of-the-art, integrated behavioral healthcare that makes a difference in the lives of the people and communities we serve. Our services include mental health counseling, addiction treatment, and family and school-based services.
About the Job
Provide emergency psychiatric evaluations, care and assessment documentation for all clients who present for services. These evaluations are performed in hospitals, community and mobile based milieus. Applying differential diagnostic skills, incumbents provide telephone triage, mental status assessment, collateral contact with family supports, extended evaluations, resource screening, referrals for psychiatric consults, and assessments for appropriate disposition.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
1. Provides emergency crisis evaluations and all related service delivery requirements for youth, adult and geriatric populations in multiple settings, including alliance vendor hospitals, our clinic, community based settings in the region and/or on-site.
2. Provides assessment, treatment interventions and crisis counseling.
3. Manage the acute phase of clients presenting in behavioral health crisis; assess, triage and refer clients to the appropriate services.
4. Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with hospital based staff and other providers (i.e. insurance companies, PHP’s, O/P etc.) in order to effectively serve all clients in crisis.
5. Utilize supervision effectively by sharing pertinent information and accept performance feedback to incorporate into work plan and recalibrate approach and make improvements. Seek and accept guidance to manage difficult cases.
6. Maintain current working knowledge and use of all related, internal and external resources, policies, procedures, regulatory and compliance requirements necessary to effectively serve clients with quality care in multiple settings and with ever changing program needs.
7. Answers telephone as needed and provides timely, appropriate assessment and determines next steps in support for clients with behavioral health needs.
8. Assists designated triage workers on an as needed basis.
9. Meets productivity standards as defined by estimated delivery of services (productivity is continuously assessed by program management).
10. Attend meetings and other team processes as required. Participate in, or complete special program assignments as assigned.
11. Complete timely and accurate documentation/assessments.
12. Provides assistance to colleagues in order to optimize the delivery of services to the client population.
13. Assists in ensuring the facility is clean and in good repair.
14. Maintains a professional demeanor at all times.source screening, referrals for psychiatric consults, and assessments for appropriate disposition.
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION:
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.