Location: Lynn, MA
Job ID: 158380-1A
Date Posted: Feb 28, 2020
Category: Clinical Professional
Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services. Our team delivers quality care to clients and families in more than 30 communities throughout the North Shore, Merrimack Valley and Greater Boston. Our mission is to provide personal, compassionate, state-of-the-art, integrated behavioral healthcare that makes a difference in the lives of the people and communities we serve. Our services include mental health counseling, addiction treatment, and family and school-based services.
About the Job
The Staff Nurse is responsible for providing skilled, creative, high quality nursing care to patients. Performs a variety of direct and indirect patient care duties and responsibilities. Is accountable for safely managing the administration of medication and monitoring effectiveness.
The RN's Responsibilities are:
1. Records and reports all observed symptoms, reactions, treatments, and changes in the patient’s safety status.
2. Collaborates with other members of the team in providing health information and maintenance of the medical record.
3. Monitors the patient milieu for safety issues and assists with promoting a positive therapeutic environment.
4. Responds to patient care needs and issues, assists patients with personal hygiene and other activities of daily living. Collaborates with and directs other nursing staff to assist with any patient nursing needs.
5. Assists in the admitting, discharging and transferring process ensuring that patient safety is addressed.
6. Is expected to participate in treatment team meetings, assist with development of care plans, and reports directly to the program Director issues as they arise.
7. Complies with agency personnel policies and procedures as, well as with policies and procedures specific to the
8. Provide physical examinations as necessary to current clients or those entering the program.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.