This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Tewksbury, MA
Job ID: 158572-1A
Date Posted: Jan 14, 2020
Welcome to Lahey Health Primary Care. With over 55 primary care practices in more than 30 nearby communities , our primary care physicians and care teams provide quality close to where our patients live or work. We have a team approach to patient care and have developed long-standing, mutually respectful relationships with local specialists at our affiliate hospitals to guide and support the most effective and efficient patient care. As part of the Beth Israel Lahey Health system, we now have the opportunity to care for even more individuals across eastern Massachusetts.
About the Job
GENERAL SUMMARY: Triages patient/family phone calls and messages providing advice and support. Calls in prescriptions to pharmacy as instructed by providers. Communicates laboratory and diagnostic test results as instructed by providers. Administers medications and immunizations as ordered by providers. Cross-trained to medical assistant role. Practices under the scope of practice for LPN’s in Massachusetts.
4. Demonstrates the ability to assesses situations, consider alternatives, and choose the best course of action while recognizing the role of the LPN in the practice. Seeks guidance and direction, as needed.
5. Performs and documents varying exam preparatory duties including height, weight, blood pressure, EKG, blood sugar, vision and hearing testing, and ear lavage.
7. Assists with minor procedures. Applies and changes dressings. Monitors in office IVs. Administers medications in office as ordered by providers.
8. Performs laboratory testing including urinalysis and throat cultures.
9. Maintains clean, organized and well stocked exam rooms. Order medical supplies or communicates stock needs to staff responsible for reordering.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
2. At least 3 years experience as a LPN in a medical office setting preferred
3. Keyboarding ability
LICENSE, CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: Licensed Practical Nurse
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION: Basic Life Support
DAYS / 24.50 HOURS / TEWKSBURY, MA
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.