About the Job
Provides physician services within the spectrum of hospice and palliative care. The Physician guides, directs, and is a care consultant to the hospice and palliative care staff, the patient’s attending physician and other providers to assure standards, quality, and excellence of care is provided. Fosters and maintains external relationships between the hospice & palliative care programs and other professionals and organizations engaged in health care services. The Physician will operate under the direction of the hospice medical director
- Performs both hospice patient visits as well as palliative care consultations in homes and facilities.
- The physician, in conjunction with the patient’s attending physician, is responsible for the palliation and management of the terminal illness, conditions related to the terminal illness, and other serious illness.
- Provides accurate and evidenced based care related to assessing, treating, and diagnosing patients with advanced progressive illness while promoting a healing environment.
- Develops and implements appropriate advanced disease treatment plans that effectively manage the patient’s needs creating a culture with optimal utilization of resources.
- Participates in the assessment of system medical staff learning needs as they relate to palliative care.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates educational programs for medical and nursing staff based on identified learning objectives.
- Coordinates educational activities with other institutional and community programs.
- Responds to changes in clinical practice by planning, designing, implementing, and evaluating guidelines, protocols, and standards in collaboration with other staff.
- Participates in the process of program and system development for the management of hospice care.
- Supervises advance practice palliative nurses and palliative staff, and provides clinical support.
- Leads an interdisciplinary team in the absence of the hospice medical director.
Shares night and weekend call duties with other hospice and palliative care physicians.
Please contact me directly with your interest: [email protected] - 781-630-3138