Welcome to Shared Services, our team uses a coordinated approach to delivering administrative and operational services across Lahey. Our Shared Services colleagues leverage resources across the organization to ensure we provide high-quality, high-value care to the communities we proudly serve. The Shared Services team includes colleagues who focus on business and network development, legal services, facilities and real estate, human resources, information technology, finance, philanthropy and marketing and communications.
About the Job
Reporting to the Help Desk Manager, the Help Desk Specialist II, supports the customer base of Lahey Health, its entities, and affiliates over a wide range of IT support, incident management, and consulting functions. Because the mission of the Help Desk is to enable the productive use of Information Technology, the Help Desk Specialist II must be skilled in both customer service and various information technology areas.
On a day-to-day basis, the Help Desk Specialist II, provides quality desktop, software, and systems support to all Lahey Health customers, employing a high degree of customer service, technical expertise, and timeliness. This individual needs to demonstrate a high degree of creative and committed problem-solving while following departmental procedures and work flow processes. The Help Desk Specialist II, has frequent interactions with VIP and top management customers, and thus must be sensitive to the impression of the overall IT department that these interactions create.
Using the Information Technology Service Management suite Remedy, the position is responsible for all aspects of customer requests and incident management including logging, analyzing, resolving, and following up of service requests/incidents.
This position interacts with all levels of Lahey Health colleagues and thus must have superior customer relations, communications, and client service skills. The ability to empathize with customer incidents and communicate technical issues in plain English is critical.
The position requires an attitude of constant learning, curiosity, helpful engagement with clients and colleagues, and being invested in the success of the group and its services. The ability to find answers from documented solutions and research technical issues to resolution is critical.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Assist in the training of Help Desk Specialist I
- Perform all Help Desk Specialist I duties
- Provide support to Help Desk Specialist I colleagues and assist with technical issues when necessary
- Must be self-motivated
- Ability to thrive and help foster a positive team environment
- Provide phone support at an average productivity level consistent with management expectations
- Develop and sustain high-quality, empathetic, informed telephone and customer communication skills
- Fully understand and be capable of using the features of the Remedy ticketing system, consistent with workflows and policies
- Process all customer inquiries and incidents, received, using the Remedy ticketing system
- Be attentive to detail and completeness in the execution of Remedy tickets, utilize templates provided
- Critical systems alert monitoring
- Escalate problems and incidents per service level agreements (SLAs) and assign inquiries to management and/or other teams as appropriate. Provide clear and complete descriptive information regarding the nature of the problem
- Communicate with customers to ensure that requests/incidents are resolved and that customers are satisfied with the resolution. Initiate and follow up on any additional required action(s).
- Take ownership of problems; mentor new staff, and effectively interacts and hands-off/receives work from other IT departments and subject matter experts.
- Is collaborative and a technically-capable problem-solver who services the needs, solves the problems, and facilitates the resolution of customer issues and requests.
- Is invested in the group’s success, strives to find consensus, exudes a positive approach to finding solutions, and is willing to go the extra mile to resolve an issue.
- Contribute to the development of Help Desk standards, procedures, and policies.
- Maintain positive working relationships with physicians, department managers, support staff, and department colleagues.
- Maintain ongoing and current functional knowledge of relevant systems, IT, and Lahey Health-specific knowledge.
- Participate in the testing of new releases of systems and applications as deemed appropriate.
- Contribute to tactical planning of support services.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant product offerings and support policies through training and peer interaction to provide technically accurate solutions to our customers;
- Participate in team projects and meetings that enhance the quality or efficiency of the Help Desk.
- Contribute to knowledge base and technical documentation as deemed useful/necessary.
- Works a flexible schedule when necessary.
- A minimum of four years of direct Help Desk experience providing successful technical support services in a multi-platform, medium to large scale computing environment.
- At least two years troubleshooting software, hardware, network issues and data communication devices
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Ability to learn quickly and retain knowledge of a wide variety of systems
- Must have excellent customer service skills, including verbal and written communication, with technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills as well as, the ability to maintain a professional demeanor at all times with colleagues.
- Must be able to conduct research for the purpose of problem solving and situation analysis.
- Must be able to work in a fast pace ever changing environment.
- Knowledge of Dell, Apple, HP and Ricoh hardware is desirable.
- Knowledge of Oracle PeopleSoft application is desirable.
- Knowledge of the Epic application is desirable.
- Knowledge of G Suite for Business is desirable
- Knowledge of various Operating systems (OS) (Windows 8, 10, etc.).
- Solid experience with mobile devices is required, including but not limited to: iOS, Android and Blackberry platforms.
- Solid understanding of Citrix Systems application is required.
- Solid understanding of Network fundamentals is required.
- Solid experience with Microsoft infrastructure (Windows, Active Directory, Exchange, Office, etc.) is required.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is comprised of world-class academic medical centers and teaching hospitals, leading community hospitals, a renowned orthopedics hospital, and comprehensive ambulatory centers. Through our focus on population health, our clinically integrated network of affiliated providers, as well as vital services such as behavioral health and home care services, we are able to provide a new model of care that improves the health of all those we serve. With more than 9,000 nurses, 4,300 physicians and more than 35,000 employees, our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve.