This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Beverly, MA
Job ID: 158252-1A
Date Posted: Oct 30, 2019
Category: Clinical Support
Welcome to Beverly Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Beverly Hospital is a full service, community hospital providing leading-edge, patient-centered care to North Shore and Cape Ann residents. The hospital provides a full-range of state-of-the-art care and services including primary care, cardiovascular care, surgery, orthopedics, emergency care, maternity, pediatrics, as well as many other specialties. Beverly Hospital is nationally recognized for patient safety as it is one of only 42 hospitals in the United States to be awarded an “A” grade from The Leapfrog Group – the nation’s leading nonprofit watchdog on hospital quality and safety.
Beverly Hospital promotes the culture and philosophy which enables employees to give and receive the best of care. You can become a part of the team that achieves this success through our CREATE values of Community, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Teamwork and Empathy.
About the Job
Assumes responsibility for providing skilled, creative, high quality care to patients under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse. Performs a variety of direct and indirect patient care duties and responsibilities in collaboration with other nursing staff. Is expected to work effectively and collaboratively with the multi-disciplinary treatment team to enhance the smooth delivery of quality nursing care.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
1. Support the hospital in such a manner that there is a strong and positive commitment to quality patient care.
2. Serve as a preceptor for new employees and educate staff, as needed.
3. Utilize supervision in a positive and thoughtful manner to enhance professional improvement and development.
4. Attend clinical meetings that will have impact on patient care.
5. Maintain solid understanding of hospital policies and protocols, and practices within those policies and protocols.
6. Participate in any ongoing quality improvement studies that will have positive patient care outcomes.
7. Maintain understanding of and follow regulatory agencies’ expectations and guidelines (i.e. DMH, DPH, JCAHO, payors, etc.).
8. Record and report all observed symptoms, reactions, treatments and changes in the patient’s safety status to the Registered Nurse.
9. Monitor the patient milieu for safety issues and assist with promoting a positive therapeutic environment.
10. Respond to patient care needs and issues, assist patients with personal hygiene and other activities of daily living. Collaborate with nurses to assist with any patient nursing needs.
11. Assist in the transfer process ensuring that patient safety is addressed, monitor patient valuables during body and belonging search and enter proper data into computer.
12. Remain in patient area at all times when on a patient watch unless relieved by appropriate number of staff.
13. Maintain yearly/biyearly requirements of CPR, Risk Management and Aggression Management.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
32 hours per week, day shift.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
College degree in psychology or related field preferred with theoretical as well as practical knowledge of the clinical area.
Exhibits ability to be competent in the following areas:
1) One-to-one interactions with patients
2) Knowledge of drug and alcohol withdrawal
3) De-escalation/Restraint Management
4) Ability to do data entry
Demonstrates a positive demeanor that allows for respectful and courteous interaction with all external and internal customers. Works cooperatively and effectively with others with ability to adapt to changes in the workplace as part of maintaining currency in profession.
Must be fluent in English (verbal and written)