Location: Beverly, MA
Job ID: 157951-1A
Date Posted: Oct 17, 2019
Welcome to Beverly Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Beverly Hospital is a full service, community hospital providing leading-edge, patient-centered care to North Shore and Cape Ann residents. The hospital provides a full-range of state-of-the-art care and services including primary care, cardiovascular care, surgery, orthopedics, emergency care, maternity, pediatrics, as well as many other specialties. Beverly Hospital is nationally recognized for patient safety as it is one of only 42 hospitals in the United States to be awarded an “A” grade from The Leapfrog Group – the nation’s leading nonprofit watchdog on hospital quality and safety.
Beverly Hospital promotes the culture and philosophy which enables employees to give and receive the best of care. You can become a part of the team that achieves this success through our CREATE values of Community, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Teamwork and Empathy.
About the Job
· Assists Blood Bank Manager in developing, directing and coordinating both section and employee relations’ activities at both sites. Serve as decision maker when Manager is not available.
· Monitors reagent, supply and blood product inventory.
· Assumes responsibility for ensuring instrument maintenance is scheduled and completed. Trains staff on maintenance procedures.
· Works closely with Manager and vendors to troubleshoot instrument and QC problems.
· Assists Manager with CAP/Joint Commission and FDA inspection readiness, including CAP surveys and periodic instrument validations.
· Under the direction of the Blood Bank Manager, organize implement and perform new method and instrument validation.
· Assists Manager in developing and analyzing QI monitors, including but not limited to turn-around times and exception reports.
· Oversees the coordination of all training, education and competency testing/assessment of technical staff and provides input for performance evaluations.
· Acts as a liaison between customers and the laboratory to promote increased customer satisfaction with laboratory services by both successfully answering inquiries/resolving problems and by presenting a positive, professional image.
· Performs routine and highly complex laboratory analyses on neonatal, pediatric, adult and/or geriatric patients as needed.
· Assists with validation of LIS functions including but not limited to: calculation validation, interface reliability and accuracy, auto-verification, and interacting with IS and software vendor for the resolution of problems.
· Supervises Blood Bank staff in the absence of the Blood Bank Manager.
· Assists the Manager in data procurement for Monthly State reports, Utilization Review and Final Unit disposition Reports
· Assists the Manager with Look-Back reporting and follow-up.
· Assists the Blood Bank Manager with Procedure Review and Procedure development.
· Assists the Manager with resolution of ARC Invoice verification assuring accurate charges and credits.
· Assists the Manager with yearly blood bank assessments.
· Performs other related duties as required.
40 hours per week, day shift.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
B.S. Degree / A.S. Degree in Biological Science preferred
a minimum of 10 years Clinical Laboratory experience preferred.
MT/CLS (ASCP), or MLT (ASCP) or HEW preferred