Welcome to Shared Services, our team uses a coordinated approach to delivering administrative and operational services across Lahey. Our Shared Services colleagues leverage resources across the organization to ensure we provide high-quality, high-value care to the communities we proudly serve. The Shared Services team includes colleagues who focus on business and network development, legal services, facilities and real estate, human resources, information technology, finance, philanthropy and marketing and communications.
About the Job
Under the supervision of the manager/coordinator and following the established guidelines, performs a variety of clerical tasks related to the accounts payable function.
Activities include: utilization of our ERP system to process/enter invoices/credits, review statements, entry and accounting for recurring payment contracts, review payment approvals and request additional information from vendor’s/colleagues when necessary to enable accurate posting of the documents to our financial systems, entry/updates to vendor records.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Batch, balance control groups and complete data entry of the following documents into the ERP system –
- Non PO related vouchers (Ex: Utilities, petty cash, colleague reimbursements/travel, etc)
- PO Related items that will not feed through our EDI process
- Spreadsheet uploads through Excel
- Recurring contract/lease set up
- Payroll Garnishment vouchers
- Intercompany wire transfers
- Meet or exceed the daily input entry goals for scope of position and assigned invoice mix.
- Perform vendor set up and maintenance within the ERP system. Follow all IRS guidelines regarding 1099 vendors.
- Oversee check printing and stock replenishment. Handle check delivery in accordance to departmental policy.
- Verify invoice accuracy prior to entry.This includes, but is not limited to:
- Validate and correct line item variances between purchase orders and invoices
- Verify voucher project/fund, inventory and capital accounts for the appropriate approvals and details
- Confirm and adjust remit addresses, vendor #’s and payment identifiers prior to disbursement cycle processing
- Evaluate voucher entries to identify opportunities for recurring contract payment set up and consolidated billing. Work with lead, vendor and approver to implement.
- Contact vendors via phone/email to:
- Clarify missing informatioN
- Obtain W8/W9 documentation
- Obtain ACH information
- Obtain invoice/credit copies
- Settle balancing issues (ex. Inaccurate payment posting on the part of the vendor)
- Batch, scan and index documents into the electronic document repository (invoices, contracts, W8/W9).
- Reconcile past due balances as indicated on invoices.
- Special projects as assigned by management as needed to meet the needs/goals of the department.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of Accounts Payable processing in a high volume, computerized corporate environment or equivalent experience in Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Expense or other transactional accounting area.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Proficiency in Excel and ERP systems, preferrably with Peoplesoft or a comparible platform, utilizing transactional accounting data.
- General knowledge of Accounts Payable practices, such as:
- attention to detail
- customer service – strong verbal and written communication skills
- strong interpersonal skills
- ability to key invoices at a rapid pace with minimal errors (100+ invoices daily)
- ability to analyze an issue and take it through to resolution
- ability to work independently and as part of a team
- demonstrate flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks
- proactively seek guidance, clarification and feedback
Beth Israel Lahey Health is comprised of world-class academic medical centers and teaching hospitals, leading community hospitals, a renowned orthopedics hospital, and comprehensive ambulatory centers. Through our focus on population health, our clinically integrated network of affiliated providers, as well as vital services such as behavioral health and home care services, we are able to provide a new model of care that improves the health of all those we serve. With more than 9,000 nurses, 4,300 physicians and more than 35,000 employees, our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve.