Location: Winchester, MA
Job ID: 157819-1A
Date Posted: Oct 9, 2019
Preferred: High school diploma or G.E.D.
Preferred: Customer service experience
· For safety and quality reasons, must be able to effectively communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors, and fellow members of the hospital team.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Schedule requirements: Area assignment and schedule may vary based on department needs. Holidays and weekend rotations required.
Travel requirements: As needed for off site locations.
Other: Must be Eighteen (18) years of age or older.
As part of Guest Services/Environmental Services team, this position:
· Cleans clinical areas which include, patient rooms, medication and storage areas, hallways and staff areas, waiting areas, utility rooms and restrooms
· Initiates the seven step cleaning process when cleaning which includes trash/recycling, high dusting, damp wiping, cleaning restrooms, dust mopping, damp mopping, bed making and final room inspection.
· Restocks paper products, trash bags and soap supplies throughout patient and public areas.
· Introduces oneself personably to patients and family members when entering a room and explains the purpose of the visit. Represents the hospital professionally by wearing a visible name tag and neat uniform. Is respectful of the patient’s privacy and personal items.
· Assists with distributing food trays to patients by following appropriate procedures.
· Updates the bed tracking system, using the pager system to expedite the cleaning of patient rooms upon discharge, transfer, or as necessary to help maximize patient throughput and minimize patient wait times.
· Communicates with the Service Response Center on a regular basis to accept and close out tasks.
· Maintains a clutter-free environment by removal/disposal of soiled linen.
· Assists in emergency situations throughout patient areas following department specific requirements.
· Monitors and replaces regulated medical waste (red bags/sharps) in patient areas using infectious control procedures.
· Remove curtains, launder and rehang as needed.
Full Time, 40 hours.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.