Welcome to Shared Services, our team uses a coordinated approach to delivering administrative and operational services across Lahey. Our Shared Services colleagues leverage resources across the organization to ensure we provide high-quality, high-value care to the communities we proudly serve. The Shared Services team includes colleagues who focus on business and network development, legal services, facilities and real estate, human resources, information technology, finance, philanthropy and marketing and communications.
About the Job
Provides second level support for all workstation problems within established timeframes. Analyzes and resolves user problems and concerns associated with workstation hardware and/or software, conferring with other Information Technology teams and/or the management on difficult or complex problems that cannot be resolved within established service levels.
- Configures, installs, modifies, and relocates desktop devices coordinating with other technical support teams to ensure user satisfaction and device operability. The scope of work can be a single device or a large-scale project involving a large number of devices.
- Provides workstation technical support to the Information Technology organization regarding all desktop hardware and software including assisting with 3rd party vendor application installations.
- Assists users with backup and recovery procedures to ensure full system recovery.
- Completes all necessary documentation including creating and updating inventory records, hardware problem records, user documentation, licensing data, and status reports according to department standards and procedures.
- Coordinates, schedules, and reports on daily activities and specific desktop implementation/upgrade activities.
- Maintains technical expertise in desktop support technology.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with all Clinic departments to optimize working relationships and communication.
- Identifies and initiates resolutions to problems and concerns associated with office and workgroup automation to the user's satisfaction.
- Carries a pager and participates in off-hours on-call schedule. May be asked to work weekends and holidays to provide technical support to the institution.
- Monitors the performance levels of all personal computers and peripherals and advises management on technical issues and trends.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Proven knowledge of operating systems, applications, hardware and systems integration.
- Proven support and Level II troubleshooting skills.
- Proven customer service, interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to balance multiple assignments on a daily basis and direct the work of a diversified staff.
- Proven ability to apply quality control techniques and processes to daily activities.
- The Workstation Specialist must be familiar with Intel and Macintosh based personal computers, wireless technology, IBM terminals and control units, DEC terminals and control units, and related operating systems, network clients, mail clients, anti-virus clients, and office automation applications such as Microsoft Office.
- A minimum of three years of experience supporting desktops and peripherals in a large scale computing environment, including experience with software and hardware rollouts.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve.