Location: Lynn, MA
Job ID: 157921-1A
Date Posted: Jan 13, 2020
Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services. Our team delivers quality care to clients and families in more than 30 communities throughout the North Shore, Merrimack Valley and Greater Boston. Our mission is to provide personal, compassionate, state-of-the-art, integrated behavioral healthcare that makes a difference in the lives of the people and communities we serve. Our services include mental health counseling, addiction treatment, and family and school-based services.
About the Job
The Transitional Support Services (TSS) is a 25 bed short-term residential treatment Program providing a 24 hour structured environment to support men and women in early recovery from substance use addiction. All clients are treated with dignity, respect and the belief that everyone has the ability to grow when they are provided support, education and direction. Individuals will work on developing skills of daily living including goal setting, problem solving and self-advocacy.
We are seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to be part of our team and help clients on their roads to success. The ideal candidate is dynamic, compassionate, and motivated to help clients meet their goals and improve their lives!
The LPN's responsibilites are:
1. Records and reports all observed symptoms, reactions, treatments, and changes in the patient’s safety status to the registered nurse.
2. Collaborates with other members of the team in providing health information and maintenance of the medical record.
3. Monitors the patient milieu for safety issues and assists with promoting a positive therapeutic environment.
4. Responds to patient care needs and issues, assists patients with personal hygiene and other activities of daily living. Collaborates with and directs other staff to assist with any patient nursing needs.
5. Assists in the admitting, discharging and transferring process ensuring that patient safety is addressed.
6. Is expected to participate in treatment team meetings, assist with development of care plans, educates recovery specialist on proper medication dispensing guidelines and reports directly to the program director/nurse supervisor any issues for each client.
7. Administers medications to assigned patients (LPN’s approved for administration of medications must have satisfactorily completed a medication course for LPNs and approved by the In-service Department for administration of medications). Ensure that all medications are dispensed correctly according to agency policies.
8. Complies with agency personnel policies and procedures as, well as with policies and procedures specific to the facility.
Part Time, 20 hours, Monday - Thursday, 9am-2pm
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.