Welcome to Winchester Physician Associates. With over 55 primary care practices in more than 30 nearby communities , our primary care physicians and care teams provide quality close to where our patients live or work. We have a team approach to patient care and have developed long-standing, mutually respectful relationships with local specialists at our affiliate hospitals to guide and support the most effective and efficient patient care. As part of the Beth Israel Lahey Health system, we now have the opportunity to care for even more individuals across eastern Massachusetts.
About the Job
As part of the WPA team, this position serves a dual role:
- Registers patients. Reviews and corrects registration information as needed. Verifies insurance eligibility.
- Accurately enters charges for patient encounters per WPA procedures.
- Reviews and acts on claims in Athena Hold and Manager Hold buckets.
- Monitors claims and takes necessary steps to resolve unpaid accounts.
- Receives, reviews and processes all third party correspondence from payors involving claim processing, liability, automobile, medical documentation, and other insurance requests.
- Communicates with patients regarding unpaid claims, self-pay balances and other insurance requests to reduce accounts receivable. Reports difficult accounts to Patient Billing Services.
- Investigates credit balances and initiates refunds.
Practice Administrative Support:
- Answers all incoming phone calls. Takes concise messages and/or routes to appropriate person. Handles non-complex requests for information.
- Ensures that emergent messages are handled per practice protocols.
- Greets and directs patients and answers all questions in a courteous and helpful manner within scope of responsibility.
- Schedules patient appointments and collects pre-registration information at the time of scheduling. Registers patients, verifies health insurance coverage and demographic information. Collects co payments and issues receipts. Obtains referrals for specialty care and precertifications if necessary.
- Maintains provider appointment and nursing home visitation schedules.
- Maintains medical records per practice protocols. Pulls and files medical records for scheduled patients and for requests by providers and other practice staff.
- Obtains signatures for all forms including assignment of benefits, notice of privacy, insurance waivers and authorization forms.
- Schedules diagnostic and specialty appointments. Completes referrals for diagnostic and specialty appointments per practice protocols.
- Receives and distributes mail per practice protocols.
- Monitors required supplies for the practice and orders adequate supplies for operations within defined scope of authority and protocols for the practice.
- Receives and verifies accuracy of accounts payable requests. Forwards payables and other financial information to the PDOM in a timely basis.
- Ensures a safe working environment by resolving maintenance, housekeeping and physical plant problems within defined scope of authority and directs other issues in a timely manner to the PDOM. Ensures that office and clinical equipment are kept in good working order. Monitors service contracts and arranges for repairs and/or preventive maintenance, addressing concerns and recommendations to the PDOM.
DAYS / 40 HOURS / STONEHAM, MA
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• At least one (1) year of third party billing
• At least one (1) year of medical secretary experience in a physician practice and completion of an accredited medical billing/coding program with associated certification.
• Medical practice administrative and/or billing experience
• The ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision and direction
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• ICD-10 coding knowledge