Location: Lynn, MA
Job ID: 157847-1A
Date Posted: Nov 7, 2019
Category: Clinical Support
Welcome to BayRidge Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. BayRidge Hospital provides psychiatric services to the residents of the North Shore and greater Lynn communities. BayRidge Hospital provides accessible, high-quality substance abuse and mental health treatment. The 62-bed psychiatric hospital in Lynn offers a continuum of psychiatric and chemical dependency services on an inpatient, partial hospitalization, and outpatient basis.
About the Job
Assumes responsibility for providing skilled, creative, high quality care to patients under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse. Performs a variety of direct and indirect patient care duties and responsibilities in collaboration with other nursing staff. Works effectively and collaboratively with the multi-disciplinary treatment team to enhance the smooth delivery of quality nursing care.
1. Support the hospital in such a manner that there is a strong and positive commitment to quality patient care.
2. Serve as a preceptor for new employees and educates staff, as needed.
3. Utilize supervision in a positive and thoughtful manner to enhance professional improvement and development.
4. Attend clinical meetings that will have an impact on patient care.
5. Maintain solid understanding of hospital policies and protocols, and practices within those policies and protocols.
6. Participate in any ongoing quality improvement studies that will have positive patient care outcomes.
7. Maintain understanding of and follow regulatory agencies’ expectations and guidelines (i.e. DMH, DPH, JCAHO, payors, etc.).
8. Record and report all observed symptoms, reactions, treatments and changes in the patient’s status to the Registered Nurse.
9. Monitor the patient milieu for safety issues and assist with promoting a positive therapeutic environment.
10. Respond to patient care needs and issues, assist patients with personal hygiene and other activities of daily living. Collaborate with nurses to assist with any patient nursing needs.
11. Assist in the admitting, discharging and transferring process ensuring that patient safety is addressed, monitor patient valuables during belongings search and enter proper data into computer.
12. Participate in treatment team meetings, assist with development of care plans and report any issues for shift directly to the Registered Nurse.
13. Maintain yearly/biyearly requirements of CPR and Aggression Management.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
16 hours per week, day shift
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
College degree in psychology or related field preferred with theoretical as well as practical knowledge of the clinical area.
Exhibits ability to be competent in the following areas:
1) One-to-one interactions with patients
2) De-escalation/Restraint Management
Demonstrates a positive demeanor that allows for respectful and courteous interaction with all external and internal customers. Works cooperatively and effectively with others with ability to adapt to changes in the workplace as part of maintaining currency in profession.
Must be fluent in English (verbal and written).