About the Job
BayRidge Hospital, A member of Beth Israel Lahey Health, promotes the culture and philosophy which enables employees to give and receive the best of care. You can become a part of the team that achieves this success through our CREATE values of Compassion, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Teamwork, and Empathy.
* This position is located in Beverly, MA on the Beverly Hospital campus
- Is expected to support the administrative and clinical staff in such a manner that there is a strong commitment to quality patient care
- Must have a positive demeanor that allows for respectful and courteous interactions with external and internal customers
- Consistently greets all patients courteously and promptly
- Displays discretion in matters relating to patients, staff, and other professionals
- Accurate, thorough, efficient, and informs Program Manager of unexpected problems.
- Ensures an adequate inventory of supplies and ordering of forms as needed.
- Courteously answers the telephone and accurately records or transfers messages and calls to clinical staff
- Using EMR, registers patients and schedules appointments
- Assists in the orientation of new staff and interns, provides support and guidance
- Displays initiative, sound judgment, and is a self-starter
- Is aware of staffing policies and is punctual. Gives adequate notice of planned lateness and absences.
- Maintains open communication with all levels of the organization
- Professional in attitude and attire. Complies with hospital dress code
- Provide reception/registration/scheduling coverage for Outpatient Department secretary as needed.
- Willing to perform other duties not documented in the job description
40 hours per week, day shift.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
- Educational and Professional:
- One to two years experience in medical secretary procedures
- Good typing, good organizational skills, ability to use Electronic Medical Record (EMR), and the ability to use sound judgment
- Ability to work with patients
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisor and peers.
- Represents the organization positively
- Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others
- Demonstrates willingness to learn and teach
- Ability to use sound judgment
- Demonstrates interpersonal relations skills
- Knowledge of department standards, policies, and practices
- Innovative and creative
- Must be fluent in English (verbal and written)