This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Lynn, MA
Job ID: 157586-1B
Date Posted: Feb 14, 2020
Category: Clinical Professional
About the Job
BayRidge Hospital, A member of Beth Israel Lahey Health, promotes the culture and philosophy which enables employees to give and receive the best of care. You can become a part of the team that achieves this success through our CREATE values of Compassion, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Teamwork, and Empathy.
* This position is located in Beverly, MA on the Beverly Hospital campus
Assumes responsibility for the clinical management of assigned patients. Collaborates with other clinical staff and community providers to ensure that safe and therapeutic treatment is provided for all patients. In collaboration with the Director of Outpatient and Partial Hospital Services, plans appropriate individual and group programs to meet the ongoing needs of the patients. Supports the partial hospitalization mission in such a manner that there is a strong and positive commitment to quality patient care.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
1. Carry a clinical caseload and maintain the required productivity level per the Program Director.
2. Maintain appropriate records and consistently complete paperwork requirements.
3. Complete accurate diagnostic assessments, develop treatment plans that are goal oriented and time limited and maintain appropriate plans.
4. Consistently provide appropriate individual, group and crisis intervention treatment for patients with mental health and substance abuse problems.
5. Assess crisis or emergency situations and intervene immediately with appropriate clinical treatment for patients.
6. Attend all treatment team meetings and work collaboratively with other team members.
7. Attend all appropriate clinical and administrative departmental meetings.
8. Support and implement administrative decisions in collaboration with PHP clinician.
9. Work with insurance to obtain approval for services provided.
10. Utilize and/or provide supervision to enhance professional improvement and development.
11. Maintain a solid understanding of hospital policies and protocols, practices within those policies and protocols, and enforces such when appropriate.
12. Participate in ongoing quality improvement studies that will have positive patient care outcomes.
13. Maintain solid understanding of and follow regulatory agencies’ expectations and guidelines (i.e. DMH, DPH, JCAHO, payors, etc.).
14. Maintain yearly/biyearly requirements of CPR and Restraint Prevention as well as other competencies as required by the position.
15. Maintain professional license &/or certification through participation in continuing education opportunities that are relevant to working with the PHP patient population.
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
40 hours per week, day shift.
At least one of the following: a Master’s degree in clinical or counseling psychology, social work, or other mental health field, with mental health experience. Any professional licenses or certifications must be current and maintained.
Theoretical as well as practical knowledge of the clinical area with previous clinical experience or demonstrated clinical skills. Knowledge of insurance requirements and utilization review practices.
Exhibits competency in the following areas:
1) Individual and/or group psychotherapy with the PHP patient population
2) Assessment and evaluation of patients with mental health or substance abuse issues
3) Crisis intervention and management
4) Addictions treatment
5) De-escalation and restraint prevention
Demonstrates leadership qualities with adaptive abilities and strong interpersonal relations skills. Ability to use sound administrative practices. Work cooperatively and effectively with others and ability to adapt to changes in the workplace.
Must be fluent in English (verbal and written).