Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Position Summary: Under supervision of the Operations Manager, Team Leader, or Assistant Team Leader, the Breast Imaging Coordinator will be responsible for the scheduling of Breast Imaging exams as well as other administrative tasks, including QA measures, to support the smooth work flow of the department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Greet and properly identify patients
- Instruct patients to undress for exam and assists when necessary
- Instruct patients to fill out history form and/or use tablet questionnaire and assist when necessary
- Provides assistance to patient when necessary: changing, restroom, wheelchair, interpreter services, etc.
- Escort patients to other appointments within the hospital as needed.
- Maintain tidy patient waiting room
- Stock patient educational brochures in waiting room
- Responsible for various Quality Assurance measures to ensure timely, accurate reporting and patient notification as well as appropriate scheduling and follow-up care.
- Review patient schedule in advance and investigate appointments with inadequate history and/or mis-bookings
- Call mis-scheduled patients to reschedule/cancel appointments
- Create requisition for all patients to include proper history, requesting physician, PCP, and indicate if patient has a same-day follow-up appointment. Research appointment as needed
- Answer telephones and voicemail. Direct questions to the appropriate manager, technologist, or radiologist.
- Schedule screening, diagnostic, breast ultrasound, and breast biopsy appointments. Confirm order for all exams except screening
- Coordinate 6 month follow-up appointments for patients
- Coordinate Surgical Consult appointments for patients
- Assist Appointment Office as needed
- Prepare patient packets in advance to include requisition, order, previous report, outside film request form and result flyer as necessary
- Facilitate outside interpretation requests
- Request outside films for comparison and facilitate comparison reading and follow-up exams.
- Log and tack all outside films that enter department
- Review Breast Imaging reports and alert radiologist of any discrepancies
- Enter BIRAD data into Mammography tracking system for Breast Imaging reports
- Maintain the following QA reports:
- Extracted Data List
- Unresolved Follow-up List
- S List
- Reminder List
- No-Show List
- Call and reschedule all patients with missed appointments
- Notify all patients who are overdue for their screening mammogram or other breast imaging exam
- Notify radiologist and/or requesting MD when patient is overdue or refuses recommended breast imaging study
- Document all patient correspondence in Mammography tracking system
- Orientate new volunteers
- Review and mail all patient letters per department protocol
- Call and schedule appointments for patients needing additional testing or short-term follow up exam
- Upload Breast Imaging studies from outside facility CDs onto Life Image
- Assist Breast Imaging Radiologists as needed
- Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High School Graduate or equivalent
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Requires excellent communication skills required to interface with patients and all levels of personnel. Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy. Knowledge of personal computers. In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: One year of customer service experience, six months personal computer experience.
20 Hrs weekly, DAYS
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.