Location: Winchester, MA
Job ID: 157451-1A
Date Posted: Nov 25, 2019
Winchester Hospital is a leading community hospital north of Boston. The hospital offers a full range of medical services including maternity care and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery. Since 1912, Winchester Hospital has been a trusted pillar of the community and is recognized for outstanding quality and high satisfaction scores. In 2003, we became the first community hospital in Massachusetts to achieve Magnet status - the industry’s gold standard for nursing excellence. We were re-accredited for the 4th time in 2018. Our mission To Care. To Heal. To Excel. In Service to Our Community is achieved through streamlined, coordinated and comprehensive high-quality, compassionate care close to home.
About the Job
As part of a dynamic leadership team, the sucessful candidate will provide direction, coordination and consultation for all volunteer service programs within our award winning hospital. Plans, develops and manages volunteer services for mutual benefit of Winchester Hospital and our deeply dedicated volunteers. Acts as a liaison between auxiliaries and hospital.
1. Exemplifies Winchester Hospital’s values and Service Excellence standards. Commits to making every encounter with our patients, patients’ family, co-workers, physicians and other customers the best that it can be.
2. Complies with all Hospital policies and the Code of Business Conduct. Takes responsibility for own safety as well as the safety of patients, patients’ family, co-workers, physicians and other customers.
3. Evaluates need for volunteer services in consultation with departments within organization and develops new programs when needed.
4. Directs recruitment, interviewing, selection and placement of volunteers to meet organization’s needs. Maintains appropriate volunteer personnel records.
5. Develops and supervises volunteer orientation and training for new volunteers. Conducts annual mandatory training for scheduled volunteers. Reviews and updates volunteer handbooks and training materials, as needed.
6. Plans and implements appropriate recognition programs and events for volunteers.
7. Represents Hospital in community by serving on various Boards and Committees. Conducts tours of facility for various groups. Coordinates Holiday activities involving Hospital and community.
8. Meets regularly with leadership of Winton Club and Friends of Winchester Hospital to facilitate their activities in support of organization.
9. Recommends goals for Volunteers Department to VP of Human Resources and implements agreed upon goals.
10. Develops, implements and meets budget of department.
11. Participates in the following:
Mandatory training requirements as per hospital/unit policies
Continuing education/inservices to enhance knowledge
Performance improvement initiatives
Orientation of new staff, students and/or volunteers
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Bachelor of Science Degree in Behavioral Sciences, Human Resource Administration, Business Management or Communications required.
2. At least three years administrative or supervisory experience in a health care facility or
community agency required.
3. Requires good interpersonal skills to work with people of diverse backgrounds, skills and abilities.
LICENSE, CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: None Required
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: None Required
AGE SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: Not Applicable
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND VISUAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Ability to use computer. Requires computer skills with knowledge of Volunteer Works and Meditech.
2. Ability to communicate in writing and orally.
3. Ability to proofread documents and check for accuracy.
OSHA EXPOSURE: Job does involve possible exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP AND SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY:
1. Reports to Vice President Human Resources.
2. Responsible for supervising the work of others.
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.