Lahey Health Behavioral Services is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
As part of the primary care treatment team, assist primary health care providers with recognizing and treating mental health disorders and substance abuse by identifying, triaging and managing patients within the primary care setting. Collaborate with the primary care providers using behavioral health screenings to identify level of care, resources and treatment planning. Provide short-term therapy, using a range of evidence-based treatment modalities.
- Review medical record prior to initial evaluation to familiarize self with patient’s history in order to perform a thorough, quality assessment.
- Exercise knowledge from medical record, screening form and patient presentation, to assess patient for behavioral health disorders and the continuum of substance use disorders, including use, abuse and/or dependence.
- Utilize clinical skills in brief treatment approaches such as: CBT, Motivational Interviewing, Problem-Solving Therapy, Supportive Therapy, Behavioral Activation and Psycho-Education.
- In collaboration with the primary care treatment team, design behavioral health treatment plan of care based on patient needs and overall assessment.
- Implement strategy to meet the education needs of the patient/family/others as it relates to psychological health and/or substance use.
- Design and execute effective behavioral health and substance use education curricula classes for staff and other providers.
- Complete all clinical documentation (intake packets, termination/transfer, billing sheets, insurance forms etc.) within expected timeframes and in compliance with organization policies.
- Adhere to all organization, federal and state regulations, guidelines and/or contractual obligations.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn insurance standards for both commercial insurances and Mass Health products.
- Develop supervision plan with supervisor and meet on a regular basis to discuss clinical, organizational, and agency issues and review performance.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, patients, visitors, external providers, regulatory bodies, and the broader health care community.
- Master's degree in Social Work or other related field
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) or Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) required.
- Flexibility: Opportunity to work as a member of an integrated care team and to see clients in the familiar primary care office setting. Ability to provide leadership, accept responsibility, work independently and set own goals in a professional manner. Travel between primary care offices as needed.
- Full time, 40 hours per week shared between two locations
- Primary Care Practices located in Crown Colony in Quincy and Milton Landing
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.