Primary Care is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Registers all new and established outpatients upon arrival, verifying, collecting, and updating required information where needed. Is held accountable for collecting and data-entering information with high degree of accuracy.
- Statuses all appointments at the time of check-in. Confirms that all appointments are statused by the end of the business day to ensure that all appointments may have appropriate charges posted. Enters all future appointment requests and indicates patient preferences or exclusions for dates and/or times. Schedules multiple appointments in the proper sequence and within appropriate time frames.
- Successfully navigate Meditech to determine and enter appropriate accounts for maximum financial reimbursement by 3rd party insurance carriers.
- Collect and process patient payments and co-payments in accordance with established cash handling procedures and Lahey Clinic guidelines.
- Verifies insurance coverage using Point of Service (POS) device, batch technology, or direct input from patient. In the absence of insurance coverage set up as "self pay" in Meditech; advise patient of self-pay guidelines, and obtains signed waivers for inactive insurance coverage and/or no referral status.
- Administers MSP Survey to all Medicare patients, in accordance with Medicare and Lahey Clinic guidelines.
- Identifies all visits associated with Worker's Compensation or a Motor Vehicle Accident (MVA) for more timely and accurate billing.
- Triages all appointments to appropriate resource.
- Escalates questions/issues to approprate resources in order to facilitate access and patient/provider satisfaction.
Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
DAYS / 36 HOURS / WILMINGTON, MA
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.