Location: Tewksbury, MA
Job ID: 157511-1A
Date Posted: Oct 2, 2019
Lahey Health Behavioral Services is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Under the direction of the Program Director and/or Nurse Manager, provides high quality nursing care to the clients being treated at the facility. Assesses client's physical and psychological condition on an ongoing basis throughout the continuum of care.
1. Responsible and accountable for the quality of nursing care delivered, and establishes/oversees medication administration protocol.
2. Monitors the biomedical status and conditions of all clients admitted into the facility.
3. Participates in referring clients to appropriate medical or dental services and ensures necessary aftercare linkages and appointments for ongoing medical care needs.
3. Delivers full report on each patient each day including patient status or change.
4. Monitors patients' compliance with medication and documents in client record as appropriate
5. Provides instruction and training to staff as is ordered/directed/necessary.
6. Administers TB test results and documents results.
7. Communicates with immediate supervisor regarding client needs, changes in status, and all emergencies regarding medical or psychiatric condition.
8. Complies with agency personnel policies and procedures as, well as with policies and procedures specific to the facility.
9. Other related duties as assigned
Education & Qualifacations:
Valid and current Massachusetts licensure as a Registered Nurse, current certification in CPR. Experience with addiction treatment strongly preferred.
Must demonstrate ability to relate to a substance abuse treatment population in a sensitive manner, an interest and willingness to work in a multicultural setting and must share a customer service orientation. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics. Manages difficult or emotional client situations; Responds promptly to client needs and maintains confidentiality.
Part Time, 24 Hours Per Week
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.