Location: Woburn, MA
Job ID: 157374-1A
Date Posted: Oct 2, 2019
Winchester Hospital is a leading community hospital north of Boston. The hospital offers a full range of medical services including maternity care and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery. Since 1912, Winchester Hospital has been a trusted pillar of the community and is recognized for outstanding quality and high satisfaction scores. In 2003, we became the first community hospital in Massachusetts to achieve Magnet status - the industry’s gold standard for nursing excellence. We were re-accredited for the 4th time in 2018. Our mission To Care. To Heal. To Excel. In Service to Our Community is achieved through streamlined, coordinated and comprehensive high-quality, compassionate care close to home.
About the Job
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· 5 years of health care administration experience or 3 years of marketing experience and some work exposure to a health care environment.
· A bachelor’s degree in a highly relevant field may be considered in lieu of 4 years of health care administration experience. A marketing related internship as part of degree may be considered as relevant experience.
· Experience with alternative/preventative medicine.
· Fluent in Excel and Microsoft Word
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Ability to educate with sensitivity.
· For safety and quality reasons, must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors and fellow members of the Hospital team.
· Proficient computer software skills in EPIC and publisher,
Professional Commitment Requirements: Keep abreast of developments in the field and/or licensure through continuing education, participation in professional organizations or a combination of both.
On-call Requirement: N/A
Schedule Requirements: Based on business needs
Travel Requirements: Travel required within the community
Reports to the Community Health Programs Supervisor
Responsible for supervising the work of volunteer team
As part of the CHL Team, this position has three primary functions:
Provides administrative support to various CHL programs and the department.
· Call backs to all discharged breast feeding moms
· Prepares or oversees the preparation of CHL deposits
· Prepares quarterly QA reports
· Creates bi annual department accomplishment report
· Prepares mailings, packets
· Covers the phones in the reception area
· Calls patients scheduled to remind them of their visits
· Types policies, manuscripts, presentation texts
· Creates mailing lists
· Supports clinical programs such as pediatric asthma management, oncology boutique,
lactation, and integrative therapies
· Orders supplies for the department
Administrator of the NAT (CNA) Program
Facilitates the NAT pretests
Enrolls students and collects payments
Creates schedules for classes and schedules trainers
Submits necessary paperwork and reports to maintain DPH license
Acts as site liaison for DPH visits and questions
Addresses complaints and assists student with conflicts
Markets various CHL programs
Develops creative ideas/ solutions and marketing strategy to grow CHL programs
Leads and facilitates a team which brainstorms new ideas. Assigns tasks, due dates and follows up to keep projects/tasks on target.
Identifies opportunities to improve current programs and develop new programs. Assists in producing new or improved marketing materials and communication approaches.
Part-time, 28 hours.
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.