Location: Winchester, MA
Job ID: 157360-1A
Date Posted: Oct 2, 2019
Winchester Hospital is a leading community hospital north of Boston. The hospital offers a full range of medical services including maternity care and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery. Since 1912, Winchester Hospital has been a trusted pillar of the community and is recognized for outstanding quality and high satisfaction scores. In 2003, we became the first community hospital in Massachusetts to achieve Magnet status - the industry’s gold standard for nursing excellence. We were re-accredited for the 4th time in 2018. Our mission To Care. To Heal. To Excel. In Service to Our Community is achieved through streamlined, coordinated and comprehensive high-quality, compassionate care close to home.
About the Job
1. Exemplifies Winchester Hospital’s values and Service Excellence standards. Commits to making every encounter with our patients, patients’ family, co-workers, physicians and other customers the best that it can be.
2. Complies with all Winchester Hospital policies and the Code of Business Conduct. Takes responsibility for own safety as well as the safety of patients, patients’ family, co-workers, physicians and other customers.
3. Types support data (phone lists, lab test works sheets etc.) for the department. Organizes work load to comply with deadlines and priorities established by superiors.
4. Registers patients, prepares charts if necessary and reviews basic personal information with patient.
5. Schedules patient appointments and Hospital admissions according to established procedures. Coordinates scheduling of diagnostic, therapeutic or surgical procedures by working in cooperation with physicians, patients and other Hospital departmental personnel.
6. Prepares notices for department. Prepares mailings for distribution.
7. Maintains and updates patient and correspondence files, general and subject files, committee files and a small library of journals and relevant reprints.
8. Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls, and notifies appropriate personnel or records messages. Responds to general inquiries by relating or referring to established policies and procedures.
9. Orders supplies, sorts and distributes mail if necessary. Faxes and distributes incoming
faxes to appropriate person.
10. Participates in the following:
a. Mandatory training requirements as per hospital/unit policies
b. Continuing education/inservices to enhance knowledge
c. Staff meetings
d. Performance improvement initiatives
e. Orientation of new staff, students and/or volunteers
Part-Time, 24 hours.
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.