This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Wilimington, MA
Job ID: 157043-1A
Date Posted: Sep 18, 2019
Winchester Hospital is a leading community hospital north of Boston. The hospital offers a full range of medical services including maternity care and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery. Since 1912, Winchester Hospital has been a trusted pillar of the community and is recognized for outstanding quality and high satisfaction scores. In 2003, we became the first community hospital in Massachusetts to achieve Magnet status - the industry’s gold standard for nursing excellence. We were re-accredited for the 4th time in 2018. Our mission To Care. To Heal. To Excel. In Service to Our Community is achieved through streamlined, coordinated and comprehensive high-quality, compassionate care close to home.
About the Job
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred: At least one year experience in similar position in a patient care setting.
· For safety and quality reasons, must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors and fellow members of the hospital team.
· Excellent customer service and communication skills.
· Keyboard skills
As part of the Winchester Hospital team, this position:
· Greets patients and others timely and in a manner that is respectful and empathetic.
· Answers common, non-clinical/complex questions and escalates questions as appropriate. Provides general information regarding the Hospital.
· Directs individuals to their desired location, which may involve looking up information such as patient appointments and reviewing the computer system to assess the appropriate location. Provides verbal as well as written directions throughout the facility(ies).
· Confirms patients scheduled appointments as needed.
· Disseminates information to waiting patients and family members/friends as directed by clinical staff and/or as allowed by department procedures.
· Makes rounds throughout the waiting area, providing non-clinical comfort measures to patients and their family members, such as blankets, beverages, ice, etc.
o Seeks direction from clinical staff when appropriate.
o Answers patient, family members and other visitors’ questions about wait times and delays and the reason for delays without jeopardizing confidentiality.
o Is empathetic to patients and the families, being sensitive to their emotional, cultural and spiritual needs.
o When appropriate takes service recovery measures to both patients and their family members. Informs the nurse/providers of potential service recovery issues.
· Provides non-clinical assistance to the staff to improve patient satisfaction, increase patient flow and improve the overall operations of the department.
8 hour evenings. Part-Time.
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.