Location: Winchester, MA
Job ID: 157399-1A
Date Posted: Oct 2, 2019
Winchester Hospital is a leading community hospital north of Boston. The hospital offers a full range of medical services including maternity care and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery. Since 1912, Winchester Hospital has been a trusted pillar of the community and is recognized for outstanding quality and high satisfaction scores. In 2003, we became the first community hospital in Massachusetts to achieve Magnet status - the industry’s gold standard for nursing excellence. We were re-accredited for the 4th time in 2018. Our mission To Care. To Heal. To Excel. In Service to Our Community is achieved through streamlined, coordinated and comprehensive high-quality, compassionate care close to home.
About the Job
Contributes to the Hospital’s mission to care, heal and to excel in service to our community by providing a safe environment for staff, patients, visitors and property. This staff position will have an impact on employee and patient satisfaction by professionally providing security services in collaboration with all hospital departments to enhance the hospital environment and improve the patient experience.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· At least one year of security experience or one year successful completion toward a degree in Criminal Justice or Certified Healthcare Security Officer.
· Current Class D Driver’s License
· Crisis Prevention Intervention Certificate (Employees must be certified within 1 year of hire date. Employees must receive yearly re-certification).
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: BLS or Heart Saver
POPULATION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: Children, Adolescent, Adult, and Geriatric
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Schedule requirements: Holiday coverage is required based on regular shift.
Travel requirements: May be required to travel expediently to off-site locations.
· Reports to the Manager of Security, Transportation and Parking.
· Not responsible for supervising the work of others.
As part of the Security team, this position:
· Performs one to one and close observation of patients in a safe and professional manner in collaboration with Patient Care Services.
· Conducts interior and exterior patrols to inspect the grounds for criminal activity, and health and safety hazards.
· Provides one to one patient observation for at risk patients throughout the organization to keep the patient and others safe.
· Records and reports security and safety related incidents.
· Provides safety escorts upon request.
· Enforces parking regulations and assists with traffic control.
· Investigate lost or stolen items.
· Investigates alarms and emergency calls immediately.
· Reacts to emergency codes expediently to follow through on the situation until parties are safe or the situation is resolved.
· Responds to customer service requests in a timely manner with an emphasis on improving the patient experience.
· Supports shuttle services in daily duties, inclement weather and emergency situations by driving employees as needed.
· Transports bodies and body parts to the morgue, filing essential documentation timely and accurately.
Per Diem, as needed by department.
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.