Location: Stoneham, MA
Job ID: 157346-1A
Date Posted: Sep 10, 2019
Winchester Physician Associates is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
GENERAL SUMMARY: Assists with coordinating the day-to-day operations of a provider practice, which includes patient flow, provider schedules, charge entry, deposit of copayments, referral processes and staff supervision. Also works with Practice Coordinator to ensure practice growth, profitability, quality care, and patient, provider, and staff satisfaction. Works closely with Practice Coordinator to communicate practice needs, problems, and concerns and to communicate ideas and suggestions to increase patient volume and improve practice’s financial position. Supports and communicates WPA policies and procedures to providers and practice staff. Extended hours may be required to attend meetings, insure practice staffing and meet deadlines.
3. Assists in coordinating effective operation of the front desk insuring a customer service focus while gathering appropriate information needed for clinical care and billing. Responsible for accurate and timely submission of patient charges. Provides backup support to all practice staff, including training of scheduling patient appointments and collects pre-registration information at the time of scheduling, patient registration, verifying health insurance coverage and demographic information
4. Maintains insurance referral management system. Assists in developing practice protocols for referrals and educates patients, families and practice staff about referral protocols.
5. Responsible for managing phones (on/off service), retrieving messages from answering service and communicating messages to appropriate staff. Handles routine telephone inquires in a courteous and professional manner and provider back-up to staff in dealing with difficult patients and other problems.
9. Insures a safe working environment by resolving maintenance, housekeeping and physical plant problems. Ensures that office and clinical equipment is kept in good working order. Ensures that the Practice’s OSHA Manual is complete, and up-to-date and accessible to staff. Maintains MSDS for all chemical used in the practice. Monitors service contracts and arranges for repairs and/or preventive maintenance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
5. Keyboarding ability and knowledge of practice management software.
LICENSE, CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: None Required
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: None Required
DAYS / 40 HOURS / STONEHAM, MA
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.