Lahey Health Shared Services is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
This individual is responsible planning, designing, configuring, developing, testing, deploying and supporting ETL/BI solutions. Develops and uses ETL applications to perform data analysis, create technical designs, develop ETL program and provide applications support.
This individual will also have the role of OBIEE ETL administrator and will be responsible for maintaining the OBIEE system that is used to bring data nightly the PeopleSoft ERP into the OBIEE warehouse and ensures that the ETL process is completed daily; working with stakeholders on enhancement; building and testing integrations between HCM, financial solutions as necessary.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Participates in requirements definition, solution development and the implementation phases of data warehouse and ETL projects
- Creates and maintains ETL specifications and process documentation to produce the required data deliverables (data profiling, source to target maps, ETL flows)
- Design data ingestion components and ETL to collect data from various sources
- Assists in definition of logical and physical data models
- Configures and tunes ETL infrastructure to optimize the data warehousing architecture
- Responsible for the maintaining of a OBIEE data warehouse system
- Work with user to design and develop OBIEE reports and dashboards, understanding of the underlying technology including setup, tuning and administration
- Build, configure and test integrations between HCM, financial solutions as necessary
- Define test scenarios based on requirements; create test scripts to prove each scenario through system and user acceptance testing.
- Elicit, document and derive requirements from functional users, subject matter experts, system documentation and high-level requirement specifications
- Translate customer requirements into a best fit within the application, and develops processes and documentation that support the SDLC
- Develop and perform tests on ETL and reports for system data to design data mapping techniques for data models in systems
- Develop and maintain standard systems requirement documents including but not limited to: business process workflows, functional requirements documents; requirement traceability matrix, and use cases.
- Support application design, configuration, deployment, and security setup activities as needed
- Monitor all business requirements, validate all designs and schedule all ETL processes and prepare documents for all data flow diagrams
- Develops aggregation, monitoring and alerting tools/modules
- Required to participate in a rotating on-call schedule supporting 24-hour, 7-day operations.
- May assume duties of a higher level in preparation for increased responsibilities. Performs other related duties as assigned by the Director or the Manager.
- Bachelor degree in computer science
- Minimum 8 years experience relevant Oracle Technology experience - OBIEE, OBIA, DAC, BI Publisher, ODI, ETL. Experience in the following areas: data base performance monitoring and tuning; database error analysis, troubleshooting and problem resolution; Experience with SQL*net or ODBC connectivity; physical and logical database design; Experience with REST and other APIs, Saas, Paas, and ETL like Oracle ODI, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and Talend. Experience with ETL tools with multiple databases systems (SQL Server, Oracle, Cloud database). Experience with SaaS based products and technologies (SOAP, REST, XML, WSDL, XSD, JSON).
- Experience in working with Web services for data integration. Exposure to Cloud, Predictive analytics & Big data technologies is preferred & a big plus.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and Unix database environments operating in a multi-platform, multi-vendor environment. knowledge of DBMS concepts and support methodologies, including debugging and trouble-shooting techniques. Knowledge of script language, and use of APIs desired.. Proficiency in SQL and use of interactive editing tools required. Must be detail-oriented, have a professional demeanor, proven analysis and problem-solving abilities, excellent interpersonal and writing skills, on-call experience, and the ability to work with those having wide-ranging levels of expertise.
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.