Lahey Health Behavioral Services is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
The Lowell Emergency Services Program (ESP) through Lahey Health Behavioral Services has been awarded a grant by the Blue Cross Blue Shield Foundation to expand access to Behavioral Health services in an Urgent Care Capacity where the Lowell ESP has identified an urgency to provide open access to client’s who are in need of medication management as there are lengthy wait lists and a shortage of psychiatrists within the Lowell area and its surrounding towns.
As a result, the Lahey Lowell ESP will be implementing telepsychiatry as a bridge service available to individuals aged 21+ who have completed a crisis evaluation with an identified urgent need to access medication at the completion of their evaluation to reduce psychiatric symptoms causing impairment to the client’s current level of functioning.
Lahey seeks to hire an IT Data Analyst who can support the creation, modification and delivery of data reports pertaining to clients who participate in crisis evaluations along with those who are utilizing telepsychiatry as a support. The role of the data analyst is more than merely presenting numbers and figures to management, but rather requires a more in-depth approach of recording, analyzing and dissecting discrete data points and presenting findings in an easily-digestible format. The data analyst will help the Lowell ESP leadership and management team make informed decisions and drive forward innovation, improve efficiency, increase profitability and achieve desired outcomes/goals.
- Review, analyze and create summary reports of baseline data, community need program utilization, client engagement, successful symptom reduction and other statistical outcome data reporting as needed
- Assures, by data testing, the quality and accuracy of clinical services provided.
- Develops reports and dashboards in Excel, and other tools as needed.
- On regular basis, utilizes different data sources to produce meaningful cost and utilization reports and provide meaningful information to care managers to assist them in providing better care to the patients.
- Produces reports for a variety of stakeholders using either the super pivots, running own SQL queries to drill through data or other computer-based applications. Responsible for developing reports for upper-level management, and preparing monthly reporting packages. May be asked to develop enhanced reports for the organization.
- Participates in team meetings and provides leadership with routine and timely updates on key clinical quality and utilization indicators
- Supports the team in providing better care to the patients. Participates in setting definitions and efficient ways to analyze successful client engagement and symptom management as well as engagement in continued outpatient services with external provider.
- Utilizes information from contacts with Managed Care Entities around billing and reimbursement to assess fiscal status of program to accurately analyze financial sustainability and develop productivity targets based on program expenses, grant funding and billing potential.
- Collaborates with the VP and Director and business associates (e.g.consultants) to define the best approaches to find areas for improvement and trend mitigations.
- Collaborates with others to identify, understand and promote opportunities to analyze data more efficiently and accurately, and improve data integrity.
- Handles the data with confidentiality especially around PHI and sensitive information.
- Utilize data analysis to drive decision-making with regards to timely delivery of services and best practices for use of telemedicine in emergent care settings from data obtained.
- Establish baseline, predict trends and track progression to ensure enhancement impacts desired outcome positively
- Increase productivity by providing regular feedback around success and challenges of program, enabling real time strategic improvements to facilitate client and program success.
- Analyze data to demonstrate the impact of the use of telemedicine on reduced rates of admission to acute levels of care and a decrease in avoidable ED visits.
- Provide regular updates to BILHBS leadership and other collaborators
- Meet weekly with the Project Manager to discuss real time data findings and identify strategic areas of focus.
Strong written and verbal communication skills, project management skills, computer skills, and database skills. Must have the ability to follow oral and written directions as they relate to the functions listed above. Ability and desire to work with a diverse and multicultural setting. Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings. Has the capability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Experience managing small projects with defined duration and scope. Excellent communication and problem-solving skills. Proficient in Microsoft; specifically Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Able to build accurate, meaningful reports off of varied data sources based on business needs and/or requirements. Strong problem solving abilities and analytical skills to ensure end-user needs are met. Possesses good organizational skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize daily assignments to ensure smooth workflow. Advanced Excel Skills, demonstrated ability in using query tools and relational databases such as SQL or Microsoft Access.
A thorough understanding of databases and experience with healthcare claims preferred.
- Education: Requires a minimum of a Bachelors’ degree. A Master’s degree in a directly related program may be considered in lieu of some of the required work experience.
- Experience: A minimum of 1-3 years of healthcare work experience is necessary either through a prior Health System or a Payer experience. 2+ years of experience in either reporting development or relevant business domain of which at least one years must be in reporting development. Proficiency in the SQL language is required. Proficiency in the following is preferred: Hospital data, Crystal Reports.
Part Time, 8 hours per week
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.