Location: Wilimington, MA
Job ID: 157101-1A
Date Posted: Oct 2, 2019
Winchester Hospital is a leading community hospital north of Boston. The hospital offers a full range of medical services including maternity care and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery. Since 1912, Winchester Hospital has been a trusted pillar of the community and is recognized for outstanding quality and high satisfaction scores. In 2003, we became the first community hospital in Massachusetts to achieve Magnet status - the industry’s gold standard for nursing excellence. We were re-accredited for the 4th time in 2018. Our mission To Care. To Heal. To Excel. In Service to Our Community is achieved through streamlined, coordinated and comprehensive high-quality, compassionate care close to home.
About the Job
Contributes to the Hospital’s mission by delivering respiratory services as part of the multidisciplinary clinical team, This clinical staff position will have an impact on improving quality and safety and patient satisfaction by providing accurate and thorough respiratory services to patients at every encounter.
Required: Associates of Science degree in Respiratory Care
Preferred: Six months experience as a Respiratory Therapist in an acute care setting
Required: For safety and quality reasons, must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors, and fellow members of the hospital team
· Basic computer skills
· Acute Care Respiratory experience
FMC – Experience in Pulmonary Rehab
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, CERTIFICATIONS:
· Valid State of Massachusetts Registered Therapist License
· Registered Respiratory Therapist credential
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION REQUIRED:
Hospital - BLS
FMC - ACLS
POPULATION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
Hospital: Neonates, Infants, Children, Adolescents, Adults, Geriatrics
FMC: Adolescents, Adults, Geriatrics
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Professional Commitment Requirements: Keep abreast of developments in the field and/or licensure through continuing education, participation in professional organizations or a combination of both
As part of the Respiratory team, the Respiratory Therapist:
· Provides respiratory care to assigned patients by conducting a physical assessment which includes vital signs, breath sounds and general appearance.
· Delivers respiratory medications to the patient as prescribed by physician orders.
· Responds to medical emergencies such as “Code 99” and rapid response team calls.
· Initiates non-invasive and invasive mechanical ventilation on patients with the intent to support the patient through their acute illness with the goal to slowly remove the patients from the supportive devise.
· Conducts arterial blood gases by drawing blood on the patient, analyzes the results and making recommendations to appropriate clinician.
· Documents patient assessment, treatments and interaction in the electronic medical records system.
· Assists with airway management such as suctioning, chest physical therapy and intubating, and extubating patients.
· Assists limited permit staff with duties that require a licensure. Provides guidance, direction and co-signatures as appropriate.
· Cleans, sets up and performs safety checks for all applicable respiratory equipment; when appropriate coordinates with Central Sterile Management to do so. Maintains a clean and safe work environment to enhance patient satisfaction and a culture of safety. Responds to supply/equipment issues in a timely manner to ensure availability of equipment and to maximize its useful life.
Per Diem/ As needed by department.
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.