Beverly Hospital is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Beverly Hospital, A member of Beth Israel Lahey Health, promotes the culture and philosophy which enables employees to give and receive the best of care. You can become a part of the team that achieves this success through our CREATE values of Compassion, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Teamwork, and Empathy.
Under the supervision of the MRI Scheduling Supervisor/Patient Services Facilitator, the MRI Scheduler performs a variety of duties necessary for the courteous and efficient servicing of patients.
Schedules patient appointments:
- Assumes responsibility for all communications for scheduling, follow up and the courteous interactions between the MRI Dept. and physicians’ offices.
- Assumes responsibility for contacting ambulance service, taxi service and interpreter service when necessary.
- Obtains and documents accurate information from the patient and the referring physician’s office to correctly schedule patients into appropriate appointment slots.
- Obtains correct demographic and health insurance information from patient and/or referring physician’s office
- Calls patients to schedule from the Front Desk Orders Report/Schedule Orders Workqueue.
- Schedules, obtains required documentation, and coordinates the scheduling of all specialized scans, i.e. inpatients, arthrograms, sedated patients, and pediatric cases.
- Schedules walk-in patients when working at LOCD.
- Always maintains a “READY” state in ACD.
- Answers ACD calls promptly within 2 rings or less.
Updates computer files when patients do not keep their appointments or are not able to be scanned (i.e. claustrophobic) as well as acknowledging patients in scheduling.
Documents in all MRI safety screening questions in detail all-important patient correspondence i.e. operative notes, insurance updates, interpreter, taxi, previous surgeries, metal, implants and when, where how and when an implanted device was placed.
Backup to processing the exception reports as needed.
Corrects any problems or unfinished business from the previous shift.
- Assists in the preparation of reports for patients as requested.
- Archive retrieves all prior related NSMIC cases into the Beverly Hospital RIS and PACS systems.
- Expedites the processing of patient accounts in coordination with the Coding/Pre-Registration staff by completing a full EPIC Registration on all patients that are scheduled.
- Processes the No Show & same day reschedule daily.
- Obtains researches and tracks all preauthorization for certain insurance carriers.
- Provides backup support to the receptionist area, i.e. answering phones, patient paperwork, incoming faxes, registering patients, etc., when necessary.
- Confirms patients for scheduled appointments for our Philips MRI patients as well as checks the Phytel application for canceled, rescheduled and bad number appointments.
- Covers the ACD voicemail envelope.
- Covers the report request line.
- Follows the protocol guideline booklet, calls radiologist for approval when contrast needs to be changed if case is ordered by a specialist.
- Advises the technologist of any patient request or referring provider’s preference.
- Advises the radiologist of any patients issue or prior medical procedure that will change the MRI protocol.
- Calls our radiologist to discuss difficult cases and/or have a difficult case be protocolled by a radiologist.
- Completes special projects as requested by management.
- Coordinates necessary interactions with technical and medical staff.
- Assists in training new employees as needed.
- Reads and responds to all e-mails appropriately and in a timely manner.
40 hours per week, day shift.
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
- The MRI scheduler must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must maintain a professional manner and appearance.
- Must have experience with ill patients, sedated patients as well as inpatients.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Must be self-motivated and have ability to work in healthcare setting
- Minimum of one to two years in a large, fast-paced business or medical facility. High school diploma or GED completion is required.
- Basic knowledge of PC computer systems, ability to learn basic scheduling software and work with word processing applications.
- Requires excellent typing skills.