Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Responsible for oversight and implementation of the Utility Management Plan in accordance with The Joint Commission (TJC) standards.
- Responsible for the coordination, oversight, implementation, and thorough documentation, of the Life Safety Code, NFPA 101, 99,72,70,110 and all other pertinent codes to maintain constant compliance with all requirements of The Joint Commission (TJC), Local and State Authority having Jurisdiction (AHJ)
- Works with consultants in completing and updating the Basic Building Information (BBI), Life Safety drawings, to meet with the requirements of The Joint Commission (TJC). Develops and tracks the Plans for Improvement (PFI) to meet projected target dates for completion.
- Administers and implements changes to the Preventive Maintenance program, physical plant equipment inventory. Tracks ongoing implementation of PM work orders making recommendations to appropriate supervisor to best meet projected completion/target dates.
- Under direction of Director of Plant Operations develops capital requests for the replacement and upgrade of building equipment and utility systems as necessary.
- Participates as an active member of the EOC/Safety, Hazardous Material and Infection Control Committees.
- Administers oversight of all Plant, Building and Grounds, working closely with department managers and consultants to insure proper functionality and cost effectiveness of equipment/systems.
- Working with consultant, insures architectural, Life Safety and utility system drawings are accurate and up-to-date, thus meeting the requirements of The Joint Commission and other regulatory agencies.
- Oversight of the systems and reports required by the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (MDEP) relative to the Engineering and Maintenance function. This includes maintaining the ongoing data for the Emission Source Registration Form, in an accurate and up-to-date manner.
A bachelor’s degree in engineering or 5 years equivalent experience
Licensure, Certification & Registration:
CHFM or ability to obtain within 1 year of hire
A minimum of 2 years Healthcare Facilities Management, or equivalent experience, with emphasis on regulatory compliance (TJC, NFPA Code 101, DEP), and physical plant maintenance.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Strong interpersonal and analytical skills. Strong communications skills required, both written and verbal.
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.