Lahey Health Shared Services is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Under direct supervision provides analytical support to the supply chain team in order to achieve the supply chain goals and objectives of the organization. Provides actionable data to all members of the supply chain. Identifies opportunities for cost savings, cost containment and process improvement within Lahey Health. Assists in the development of key reporting tools. Plays a key role in providing analytic support to the value analysis process.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Individually or as part of a team, compiles and analyzes data to identify opportunities for improved supply utilization, standardization, and process improvement; evaluate findings, and report and make recommendations.
- Identifies and reports cost savings opportunities for products currently in use through review and analysis of group purchasing contracts and market data
- Monitors supply utilization and purchase patterns on as requested.
- Compiles reports, analyzes data, and make recommendations for addition/deletion of products and/or process changes to reduce operating cost and ensure continuity of supply
- As requested, investigates products, procedures, or processes that will improve operational or clinical efficiency, increase the quality of patient care, and reduce expenditures and recommend these changes to the value analysis directors and value analysis committees
- Identifies cost savings initiatives through group purchasing organization (GPO) contracts
- Completes cost analysis of GPO contracts
- Collaborates with hospital and system-level departments and staff to monitor and report on compliance of implemented changes in products, services, and processes
- Works with the team to coordinates periodic system value analysis meetings with (as appropriate) individual hospital value analysis leads/professionals, administrators, project managers, departmental heads, etc.
- Maintains a value analysis project tracker that includes savings
- Prepares reports and analysis as directed
- Builds and maintains strong partnerships with Value Analysis teams and vendors
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Licensure, Certification & Registration: None required
- 1-3 years of experience in supply chain management, contracting, procurement, and/or value analysis
- Two (2) years of experience in healthcare preferred
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Ability to develop positive, beneficial relationships with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally, in a variety of situations.
- Ability to work in a high-volume environment where great emphasis is placed on customer service and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, implement, and complete projects.
- Ability to perform complex financial analysis.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in developing, negotiating, and administering major procurement contracts for technically complex goods and services.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in computer skills, including spreadsheet and word processing, email, Web-based activities, and the utilization of automated systems used in supply chain and value analysis activities.
- Demonstrated presentation skills
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, organizational and customer service abilities
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.