Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 156656-1A
Date Posted: Oct 16, 2019
Lahey Health Shared Services is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Manager of General Accounting the Senior Accountant analyzes financial information and prepares financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, or other financial activities within the organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Property, Plant & Equipment
Maintains fixed asset database; ensures that the depreciation expense is properly recorded. This includes closing construction projects in CIP, making manual adjustments to assets in the asset subsidiary system, and troubleshooting system interface issues. Manages and maintains the routine capital process for the institution and its affiliates. Manages and track all costs related to expansion projects as well as the restricted assets and MHEFA requisitions. Provides analysis of capital spending during the fiscal year to management. Prepares and presents fixed assets schedules to the outside auditors during the annual audit. Assists in the depreciation budget process.
Manages the monthly process of accounting for inventories. Coordinates the year-end physical inventory counts. Prepares and presents inventory schedules to the outside auditors during the annual audit.
3) Corporate tax returns
Prepares the corporate tax returns for review by the outside Tax Consultants. This includes forms 990, 990T, Form MA PC.
4) Performs Balance Sheet account analysis, Statement of Operations analysis, and Budget variance analysis.
5) Prepares census forms and 3 ABC forms
6) Provides financial data for property insurance contents coverage and business interruption
7) Provides financial data to Payment Systems Department for the Medicare cost reports.
8) Ad hoc projects for VP’s and Managers
9) Maintains strict compliance with Lahey Clinic Confidentiality Policy
10) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
11) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
12) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
13) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
14) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
15) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
16) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: BS in Accounting, Master’s degree or CPA certification desired
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None required.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Experience: 3-5 years accounting experience.
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.