Location: Winchester, MA
Job ID: 156638-1A
Date Posted: Aug 7, 2019
Winchester Physician Associates is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
GENERAL SUMMARY: Triages patient/family phone calls and messages providing advice and support. Calls in prescriptions to pharmacy as instructed by providers. Communicates laboratory and diagnostic test results as instructed by providers. Administers medications and immunizations as ordered by providers. Cross-trained to medical assistant role. Practices in accordance with Winchester Hospital’s policies and procedures and the scope of practice for Registered Nurses in Massachusetts.
Communicates with other health care team members to resolve operational problems, patient satisfaction and clinical initiatives.
4. Demonstrates the ability to assess situations, consider alternatives, and choose the best course of action while recognizing the nursing role in the practice.
5. Interfaces with patients and families providing telephone advice and support, prescription refills as instructed by providers, and laboratory and diagnostic test results.
6. Performs and documents varying exam preparatory duties including height, weight, blood pressure, EKG, blood sugar, vision and hearing testing, and ear lavage.
7. Assists with minor procedures. Applies and changes dressings. Monitors in office IVs. Administers medications and immunizations in office as ordered by providers. Performs laboratory testing including urinalysis and throat cultures.
8. Maintains clean, organized and well-stocked exam rooms. Order medical supplies or communicates stock needs to staff responsible for reordering.
9. Completes various patient forms such as insurance, school and camp, and work forms.
10. Serves as a role model and resource for clinical staff by demonstrating professionalism, effective time management, nursing process and documentation. Utilizes the results of evidence-based research to improve clinical outcomes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
2. At least 2 years experience as a nurse in a medical office setting preferred.
LICENSE, CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: Massachusetts Registered Nurse License
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION: Basic Life Support
DAYS / 40 HOURS / WINCHESTER, MA
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.