Location: Danvers, MA
Job ID: 156663-1A
Date Posted: Jun 12, 2020
Category: Clinical Professional
Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services. Our team delivers quality care to clients and families in more than 30 communities throughout the North Shore, Merrimack Valley and Greater Boston. Our mission is to provide personal, compassionate, state-of-the-art, integrated behavioral healthcare that makes a difference in the lives of the people and communities we serve. Our services include mental health counseling, addiction treatment, and family and school-based services.
About the Job
Under the direction of the Program Director, the Clinical Supervisor provides clinical supervision to program clinicians and interns (when applicable). The Clinical Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the use of evidence based practices by the programs clinical staff. The Clinical Supervisor is also responsible for providing direct clinical services to adults with identified substance use needs as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides supervision and crisis consultation to clinicians and student interns.
2. Monitors clinician’s caseloads and monthly productivity. Assigns new clients as appropriate.
3. Maintains current knowledge of Medication Assisted Treatment for opioid use disorders.
4. Provides training and supervision to ensure use of evidence based practices by clinicians.
5. Audits clinical documentation to ensure adequate and timely documentation that is in conformance with state regulations.
6. Carries a small caseload including interviewing clients, completing intake paperwork, and formulating comprehensive biopsychosocial assessments and treatment plans.
7. Meets with assigned clients regularly to assist with achieving treatment goals. Completes all documentation in a timely manner.
8. Chairs the weekly multidisciplinary treatment team meeting. Discusses and develops strategies to maximize client’s continuation and compliance in treatment.
9. Attends and participates in daily rounds, monthly all staff meetings and client treatment review meetings.
10. In collaboration with the programs Leadership Team, continually reviews the clinical program design and implements recommendations for improved client treatment.
11. Regularly reviews the group treatment curriculum and develops new groups in response to the needs of the client population.
12. Reviews data provided by the Bureau of Substance Abuse Services and modifies clinical programming based on information included in the reports.
13. Maintains necessary records.
14. Directly supervises program clinicians. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Participates in interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION:
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.