Location: Danvers, MA
Job ID: 156663-1A
Date Posted: Oct 2, 2019
Lahey Health Behavioral Services is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Under the direction of the Program Director, the Clinical Supervisor provides clinical supervision to program clinicians and interns (when applicable). The Clinical Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the use of evidence based practices by the programs clinical staff. The Clinical Supervisor is also responsible for providing direct clinical services to adults with identified substance use needs as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides supervision and crisis consultation to clinicians and student interns.
2. Monitors clinician’s caseloads and monthly productivity. Assigns new clients as appropriate.
3. Maintains current knowledge of Medication Assisted Treatment for opioid use disorders.
4. Provides training and supervision to ensure use of evidence based practices by clinicians.
5. Audits clinical documentation to ensure adequate and timely documentation that is in conformance with state regulations.
6. Carries a small caseload including interviewing clients, completing intake paperwork, and formulating comprehensive biopsychosocial assessments and treatment plans.
7. Meets with assigned clients regularly to assist with achieving treatment goals. Completes all documentation in a timely manner.
8. Chairs the weekly multidisciplinary treatment team meeting. Discusses and develops strategies to maximize client’s continuation and compliance in treatment.
9. Attends and participates in daily rounds, monthly all staff meetings and client treatment review meetings.
10. In collaboration with the programs Leadership Team, continually reviews the clinical program design and implements recommendations for improved client treatment.
11. Regularly reviews the group treatment curriculum and develops new groups in response to the needs of the client population.
12. Reviews data provided by the Bureau of Substance Abuse Services and modifies clinical programming based on information included in the reports.
13. Maintains necessary records.
14. Directly supervises program clinicians. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Participates in interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION:
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.