Lahey Health Behavioral Services is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
The Behavioral Health Community Partner (BHCP) program at Lahey Health Behavioral Services is a new, innovative Care Management program for MassHealth members that are part of the new Accountable Care Organization (ACO) and or a Managed Care Organization (MCO). The RN Care Manager provides medical reconciliation, high quality integrated care, clinical assessment, is a Member of a multi-disciplinary team that support BHCP enrollees treatment plan.
- Ensure adherence to BHCP performance specification and support BHCP Director in the implementation and coordination of BHCP performance specification requirements, policies and procedures, training care transitions and other activities
- Perform medication reconciliation following inpatient stay within 3 days of discharge. Activities of medication reconciliation include but may not be limited to: Contacting the Engaged Enrollee's PCP to verify that medication orders from discharge are appropriate;
- Verifying that medication orders are filled accurately;
- Ensuring that the Engaged Enrollee demonstrates understanding of medication administration;
- Checking for any discrepancies and issues of medication non-compliance, particularly in cases of multiple prescribers;
- Supporting the Engaged Enrollee?s adherence to medication regimen;
- Identifying supports that are available or could be made available to support the Engaged Enrollee in medication administration; and
- For Engaged Enrollees participating in a Medication Assistance Program (MAP), sharing updated medication order forms from the Engaged Enrollee?s PCP or discharging prescriber with the MAP provider.
- Review enrollee comprehensive assessments including medical history, medical needs, medication and functional status.
- Collaborate with the BHCP care team to ensure that assigned enrollee?s behavioral and physical care needs are met and coordinated across all continuum care.
- In collaboration with the care team identify supports that are available or could be made available to support enrollee's in medication administration and compliance.
- Provide health education, coaching and symptom management to enable enrollee to managed their chronic conditions
- Participates in training, clinical rounds, quality meeting, treatment team meetings and other meetings as needed.
- Knowledge of and ability to work effectively with community based resources, referral networks, and public/private systems of care
- Perform other duties as needed to support BHCP program requirement.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Lahey policies and procedures and applicable laws. Responsibilities include supporting the BHCP Director with interviewing, hiring and training employees; performance management; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- The position does not have direct budgetary management; however in conjunction with the BHCP Director should have awareness of fiscal requirements and be able to disseminate accurate financial information to when appropriate.
- Utilizes active listening and gets clarification when needed; responds appropriately to questions. Writes clearly and informatively. Responds to common inquiries and complaints from clients, regulatory agencies, and other service providers. Defines problems, collects data, establishes facts and draws valid conclusions.
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION:
- Registered Nurse with experience in the field of mental health and/or substance abuse.
- Current Massachusetts RN license, BLS, and minimum of 2yrs experience preferably with Behavioral health
- Strong clinical management or leadership experience
- Proficiency with electronic health record documentation or ability to complete documentation electronically is required. Working knowledge of windows operating system and standard desktop applications such as Windows and Microsoft Suite.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability and desire work with a diverse client population. Ability to manage difficult or emotional situations; respond promptly to enrollee needs. Focus on solving conflict.
Part Tme, 16 hours
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.