This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Salem, MA
Job ID: 156401-1A
Date Posted: Sep 10, 2019
Lahey Health Behavioral Services is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Responsible for the smooth function of the unit by serving as the person in charge of triaging calls and prioritizing the use of clinicians and other resources. Serves as liaison with related systems and provides supportive and informational communication with persons served.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
1. Provides procedural direction and support to crisis clinicians by phone and/or face as needed.
2. Responsible for the procedural functioning of the shift.
3. Answers phones, provides initial phone assessment.
4. Maintains awareness of/monitors activity of active and pending cases.
5. Utilizes staffing patterns during shift to maximize response to consumer need.
6. Provides assistance to clinicians with bed searches, insurance verifications/authorizations, resource and system knowledge sharing.
7. Serves as primary liaison between the organization and other providers such as hospital emergency rooms to ensure quality of care.
8. Acts as a conduit for the flow of information regarding programmatic updates and clinical procedural alerts.
9. Accesses administrator on call when needed.
10. Collects and records data and statistics for various reporting needs of the program, including triage log on computer.
11. Provides feedback to Program Director regarding issues effecting shift performance.
12. Provides direct care when needed and when possible, which in rare instances could involve leaving the program to see a case due to high volume, low staffing and/or for complex cases where the expertise of a senior clinician is warranted.
Qualifications & Education:
40 hours, full time
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.